Do you really believe the league is over...?

Only City fans.....

If we needed 1 point from 20 games would you still get the calculators out?

There must be some point where it's mathematically possible to be caught but you would say that's it surely?! :-)

We won't mess it up.
Not a chance.
Even if we collapse 1996 Newcastle style we will still win it as the much vaunted loss of a 12 point lead no longer applies, because after 26 games Newcastle's lead had already dropped to 6 points and after 27 games 4 points. We currently lead by 13 points. (Utd won the league by 4 points)

Its never over until you can't be caught, and we certainly shouldn't be complacent.....but I remain confident.

Lets assume that there won't be any miracles, and that Spurs and Arsenal are out of the running to catch us.

Up to the April 1st weekend (not including FAC rearrangements), the top 4 all have 6 PL fixtures, except Chelsea who have 7.

5th February - Watford v Chelsea 3

10th February - Manchester City 3 v Leicester City
Sunday 11th February - Newcastle United v Manchester United 3, Southampton v Liverpool 1
Monday 12th February - Chelsea 3 v West Bromwich Albion

Saturday 24th February - Liverpool 3 v West Ham United
Sunday 25th February - Manchester United 1 v Chelsea 1

Thursday 1st March - Arsenal v Manchester City 0

Saturday 3rd March - Liverpool 3 v Newcastle United
Sunday 4th March - Manchester City 1 v Chelsea 1
Monday 5th March - Crystal Palace v Manchester United 3

Saturday 10th March - Manchester United 1 v Liverpool 1, Chelsea 3 v Crystal Palace
Monday 12th March - Stoke City v Manchester City 1

Saturday 17th March - Burnley v Chelsea 3, Liverpool 3 v Watford
Sunday 18th March - West Ham United v Manchester United 3, Manchester City 3 v Brighton & Hove Albion

Saturday 31st March - Crystal Palace v Liverpool 3, Manchester United 3 v Swansea City, Everton v Manchester City 0
Sunday 1st April - Chelsea 1 v Tottenham Hotspur

Being pessimistic (I think), that is....

City - 2 wins 2 draws 2 defeats
United - 4 wins 2 draws
Liverpool - 4 wins 2 draws
Chelsea - 4 wins 3 draws

The table would then look like this (max points possible from there in brackets).

City 32 24 5 3 77 (95)
United 32 21 7 4 70 (88)
Liverpool 32 18 11 3 65 (83)
Chelsea 32 19 8 5 65 (83)

Our next 2 games after that are then United H, and Spurs A, win both and its done, but lose both and it would be squeaky bum time, although the 4 remaining fixtures are all winnable, they're against teams likely to be in a relegation battle, so fighting for their lives.

I'd love to believe it's over, and 3 points against Burnley may well have convinced me it is. But there are injuries and nerves to take into account, especially as those rag bastards keep grinding out wins. We need them to drop some unexpected points as at the moment they always seem to beat the teams you'd expect them to. It still fucks me off they got Sanchez instead of us too or it really would have been over now, but that's behind us we just have to suck it up and get Jesus, Leroy and Delph back asap.

Could have done with Mahrez too, hopefully financial prudence won't bite us on the arse. The most successful teams generally spend whatever it takes to win, especially when in such a position of strength. Give yourself every advantage, go in with overkill, not fine margins. But we chose not to, so hopefully won't rue those decisions.

We do have some tough games though, Arsenal, Spurs and Everton away, Chelsea and the shit at home.

Absolutely MUST beat Leicester and all the other games against lower teams because injuries and shit officials could mean we get zero points from those 5 tough matches. Old Cityitis is hard to get out of my system. No let up now, imperative we beat Leicester.

I'd love to believe it's over, and 3 points against Burnley may well have convinced me it is. But there are injuries and nerves to take into account, especially as those rag bastards keep grinding out wins. We need them to drop some unexpected points as at the moment they always seem to beat the teams you'd expect them to. It still fucks me off they got Sanchez instead of us too or it really would have been over now, but that's behind us we just have to suck it up and get Jesus, Leroy and Delph back asap.

Could have done with Mahrez too, hopefully financial prudence won't bite us on the arse. The most successful teams generally spend whatever it takes to win, especially when in such a position of strength. Give yourself every advantage, go in with overkill, not fine margins. But we chose not to, so hopefully won't rue those decisions.

We do have some tough games though, Arsenal, Spurs and Everton away, Chelsea and the shit at home.

Absolutely MUST beat Leicester and all the other games against lower teams because injuries and shit officials could mean we get zero points from those 5 tough matches. Old Cityitis is hard to get out of my system. No let up now, imperative we beat Leicester.

Zero points from 5 matches...are you sure? We've lost once all season.

This is strange thread. Is it so if the 0.5% chance happens people will take conciliation in saying told you so?!

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.