Do you remember the first City game you ever attended.

Derby at home, 73 or 74, lost 3-4, Mike Doyle got sent off for fighting, had supported City for a few years before but wasn't allowed to go as too young to go on train, we we're a decent side then and loads of mates switched allegiences to city then changed again to l'pool or manure, me and 3 others stuck to City and suffered purgatory for decades, all still support City although only 2 of us go, wouldn't change a thing CITD

Derby at home, 73 or 74, lost 3-4, Mike Doyle got sent off for fighting, had supported City for a few years before but wasn't allowed to go as too young to go on train, we we're a decent side then and loads of mates switched allegiences to city then changed again to l'pool or manure, me and 3 others stuck to City and suffered purgatory for decades, all still support City although only 2 of us go, wouldn't change a thing CITD

City won 4-3 in the game Doyle got a red card vs Derby, it was actually 75 as well I think. Other than that nothing wrong with your memory haha.

That game was actually my 2nd game as a very young kid. The first being a 0-0 vs QPR.

Both very good teams at that time.

1965 , only thing i remember was the floodlights and Johnny Crossan was captain , and the opposing team was playing in red and white stripes , my dad later told me it was Southampton and we won 3-1 ,at six years old i was more interested in the lovely cup of Bovril i got at half time.

Beat Sheffield United 4-0 at Maine Road March 6th 1976 .
And 1st away game 0-0 at Turf moor a week later.

QPR at home February 1978
City Corrigan, Clements, Donachie, Booth, Watson, Owen, Channon, Bell, Kidd, Hartford, Barnes – sub Power(unused)

I sat in J Block (is that what it was called) in front of the police control area.
Remember I had dreamt about watching City for ages and what it would be like.
It had snowed and they used an ORANGE ball.
That confused me, my dreams didn't have an orange ball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arsenal at home circa early 90's. On the way to the ground someone suggested that these fu@kers will win this 1 nil.

Ian Wright scored - we lost 1 nil.

All i remember from my 1st game was losing at home to arsenal, early 90's and ian Wright scoring....

Arsenal at home circa early 90's. On the way to the ground someone suggested that these fu@kers will win this 1 nil.

Ian Wright scored - we lost 1 nil.

1995 last minute

All i remember from my 1st game was losing at home to arsenal, early 90's and ian Wright scoring....

1995 was the Ian Wright one but I started going in the Peter Reid era so I must have them mixed up. We also lost 0-1 in 1993 (I would have been 13 so about right). I also remember David Brightwell getting dogs abuse on the kippax, and the Ricky Holden song being sung, so this must be the one (which has merged with the 1995 game in my mind). I just watched the match of the day clip - not sure who scored for Arsenal, but it wasn't Ian Wright.

Manchester City vs Arsenal
Premier League
Sat 16 January 1993.

Score: L 0-1

Attendance: 25041

video-icon.png
View footage

Team
  1. Tony Coton
  2. Ray Ranson
  3. Terry Phelan
  4. Fitzroy Simpson
  5. Keith Curle
  6. David Brightwell
  7. David White
  8. Mike Sheron
  9. Niall Quinn
  10. Garry Flitcroft
  11. Rick Holden

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.