Do you remember the first City game you ever attended.

My wife has a vivid memory of her first game and was lucky enough that the club chose it as one to display in the ground.

p.jpeg

Probably around 1958 my Dad took me and my sister to Maine Road and we stood behind the goal in the scoreboard end, unfortunately my only memory being my Dad getting into an argument after asking some fella to watch his language.
Typical of my old man, bless him.

West Ham at home 1-5 1969/70
Corrigan has the ball for City, Goal West Ham 3 seconds later
My dad said that he told me we saw something special that day, I didn't see it!!
Thought it was Jimmy Greaves but found out later it wasn't
Can't remember anything about the game at all
It was pouring with rain and remember the pitch was a mud bath.

The earliest i can remember was v Airdrie in the Texaco Cup. Although all I really remember was their kit.
I was 5 at the time.

https://www.citytilidie.com/latest/airdrie-home-texaco-cup-1st-round-1971-to-72/

I remember going to at least one game prior to this where all I did was play hide and seek with my cousins in the Platt Lane.

Its a few years later before I actually start remembering actual bits of games - like Geoff Hammond's goal v Sheff Utd in'74.

Arsenal at home circa early 90's. On the way to the ground someone suggested that these fu@kers will win this 1 nil.

Ian Wright scored - we lost 1 nil.

Everton at home, 11 March 1961. Won 2-1. Can just about remember one of the goals being scored.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.