Do you remember the first City game you ever attended.

City vs Derby 29 Apr 1978 - a 1-1 draw.

Got taken by a neighbour who was a big City fan (my parents had no interest in football) and parked on a side street near Maine Road where he paid 50p for the privilege to the local U12 'protection squad'. Mick Channon scored but I missed it because everyone stood up as he raced towards goal blocking my view (being somewhat shorter than everyone else there). Fortunately seen a few goals since!

Happy days!

Beat you by a couple of rounds. Mine was the 80-81 FA Cup 4th round tie versus Norwich, which we won 6-0.
Went to this game, John Bond's old team, great days. Was at Everton as well, the first game at theirs was scary on the way out.. The reply at Maine Rd made up for it though. Bobby Mac played a blinder haha! I stood near the cage where the away fans were housed and it was absolutely packed so much so that I was wedged between city fans that my feet were off the ground but i was still vertical.. I remember checking the att the following day and it was given as about 52K.. Good old Swalesly.. haha!

My fist game was at the age of 6 went with a friend of my dad's. It was against Bury at Maine Road. If I remember correctly it was 1-1. Harry Dowd was in goal and had to come out of goal as he had broken a finger. A certain Colin Bell went into the goal. The 1st time on my own was against Leicester City in the 67/68 season. This was the season we bet the rags to the old 1st division title. We won 6-0. The goal keeper for Leicester at that time was a certain Peter Shilton, making his debut if I am right.

My fist game was at the age of 6 went with a friend of my dad's. It was against Bury at Maine Road. If I remember correctly it was 1-1. Harry Dowd was in goal and had to come out of goal as he had broken a finger. A certain Colin Bell went into the goal. The 1st time on my own was against Leicester City in the 67/68 season. This was the season we bet the rags to the old 1st division title. We won 6-0. The goal keeper for Leicester at that time was a certain Peter Shilton, making his debut if I am right.

The game against Bury at Maine Road was Colin Bell's debut - for Bury. And he scored (for Bury!) in the first half.

But you are right about Harry Dowd - he played centre forward after he broke his finger - and he scored the equaliser late in the second half.

I can't be sure who went in goal when Dowd got injured - my memory says it was Bobby Kennedy, but it was 55 years ago!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.