Do you still have as much passion?

Bojinov The Bull

I'll probably get slated for this going off how this forum is nowadays, we aren't allowed to say negative things about the club because we have won 2 trophies but i'll say it anyway.

This season in particular i've thought quite a bit about it and i've come to the conclusion that I definitely don't have as much passion for City as I used to. I remember my dad taking me to Maine Road when I was younger (in the last 5 or 6 years before we moved to the Etihad) and I used to get so excited when I got close and could hear the crowd getting louder and louder as we got closer to the ground and it was so exhilarating when you actually walked in and saw the pitch.

Now when I go to matches it all feels so boring and flat, the club has really pushed the family side of it to get bigger crowds and it has totally destroyed the atmosphere. It feels like I am sat there watching an event rather than a football match. They should forget about all this family stuff with entertainment and get the junior blues going again, that's what kept our crowds up when we were down in Division 1 and 2.

I really resent paying £40-£45 to go and watch us play teams like West Brom when the team really doesn't care about the fans in any way shape or form. I just don't feel connected to the players in any way anymore, they are on a completely different planet to us as fans. Can you imagine us ever having a player like Paul Dickov, Shaun Goater or Uwe Rosler ever again? The kind of players that are now City fans, have kids who are City fans and who come back to the club at any opportunity to watch us play? I can't.

How can you have passion like the old days in the NEW football environment?

It died for me with all seated stadia.

I only still go because I am addicted to MCFC.

(Was good to see The Goat at Wembley)

saying negative things is ok matey after we lose a cup final the way we play
but its the way its going from now on we have become a top team and will lose more finals and ever bigger games than the fa cup final

i will say that wigan played us of the park and that should not happen to a top team but lady luck sometimes has a hand in a game
wigan's name was on the cup for me well before the semi finals and beating everton away was key for them they could beat anybody on the day after that

we will be back for more and more and the great teams lose sometimes its how they fight back from it

mancityvstoke said:
How can you have passion like the old days in the NEW football environment?

It died for me with all seated stadia.

I only still go because I am addicted to MCFC.

(Was good to see The Goat at Wembley)

it died for me too with all seater stadia. its just not there any more. no atmosphere y,day, no singing anywhere around me.nothing.
but there was a fight at the end between blues.

Speak for yourselves boys. I'm still gutted about yesterday and the manner of the defeat. And I don't care if I can't swear at the game cause there's a family in the row in front.

Mike N said:
Speak for yourselves boys. I'm still gutted about yesterday and the manner of the defeat. And I don't care if I can't swear at the game cause there's a family in the row in front.

Careful..............you'll be labelled a scumbag and brainless

I'll always be passionate about City - might not be as passionate as I was about some of the players as I have been over the fifty odd years, and if we ever got any one of a selection of managers, I would find it hard to sing out like we've sung for Mancini. But life, football and City moves on!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.