Do you still like the music you liked in your 20’s?

That is a fantastic list and I still listen to most of them and a few others you didn’t mention like King Crimsons Larks Tongue in Aspic. You could put a similar list together for 72 which still makes me believe that the early 70’s was the most productive, inventive and varied period in rock music.

Saddle we’ve talked about this list thing. Best mum in the world syndrome. And while we are on it, my dad’s bigger than your dad. :)

I happen to like that list, but my mate looked at it and said, mostly pish.

He supports the Gers though, so, we have to take that lack of taste into consideration.

I’ve been doing that with him since we were 10.

I do what I can.

Saddle we’ve talked about this list thing. Best mum in the world syndrome. And while we are on it, my dad’s bigger than your dad. :)

I happen to like that list, but my mate looked at it and said, mostly pish.

He supports the Gers though, so, we have to take that lack of taste into consideration.

I’ve been doing that with him since we were 10.

I do what I can.
Sorry, I thought I was discussing music of the 70’s with a like minded Blue. If you think I’m playing games you couldn’t be more wrong. If you don’t like the banter then I’ll stop. We could always revert to Unionist/ Nationalist insults if you prefer. Btw I like lists.

Sorry, I thought I was discussing music of the 70’s with a like minded Blue. If you think I’m playing games you couldn’t be more wrong. If you don’t like the banter then I’ll stop. We could always revert to Unionist/ Nationalist insults if you prefer. Btw I like lists.

You are, lm enjoying it. If it came across otherwise, it wasn’t intended.

That is a fantastic list and I still listen to most of them and a few others you didn’t mention like King Crimsons Larks Tongue in Aspic. You could put a similar list together for 72 which still makes me believe that the early 70’s was the most productive, inventive and varied period in rock music.

1972, you say. This is what I've got:

David Bowie: The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars
The Rolling Stones: Exile On Main St.
Neil Young: Harvest
Lou Reed: Transformer
Yes: Close To The Edge
Deep Purple: Machine Head
Jethro Tull: Thick As A Brick
Genesis: Foxtrot
Big Star: #1 Record
Steely Dan: Can't Buy A Thrill
Deep Purple: Made In Japan
The Allman Brothers Band: Eat A Peach
Roxy Music: Roxy Music
T. Rex: The Slider
Black Sabbath: Vol 4
Santana: Caravanserai
Elton John: Honky Chateau
Aphrodite's Child: 666
J. J. Cale: Naturally
Eagles: Eagles
Jethro Tull: Living In The Past
Alice Cooper: School's Out
Blue Oyster Cult: Blue Oyster Cult
Rod Stewart: Never A Dull Moment
Rory Gallagher: Live In Europe
Carlos Santana / John McLaughlin: Love Devotion Surrender
The Sensational Alex Harvey Band: Framed
Argent: All Together Now
Joe Walsh: Barnstorm
T. Rex: Bolan Boogie
The Edgar Winter Group: They Only Come Out At Night
Edgar Winter's White Trash: Roadwork
ZZ Top: Rio Grande Mud
Emerson, Lake & Palmer: Trilogy
J. J. Cale: Really
Pete Townshend: Who Came First

The lists are based on albums that I own and I've only got two Crimson albums, one whose name we shan't mention and the obvious one. Also, they are extracted from an online resource so there's stuff from less popular acts that I would have included if I was trying to be thorough e.g. Angel.

Some really brilliant albums in there. I can still remember playing Foxtrot for the first time like it was yesterday! here are some more from 72 that are worthy of adding to the list and checking out if you haven't already:

A woofer in Tweeters clothing: Sparks
Catch Bull at Four : Cat Stevens
No secrets: Carly Simon
The Magicians Birthday : Uriah Heep
For the Roses : Joni Mitchell
Octopus : Gentle Giant
St Dominics Preview : Van Morrison

Some really brilliant albums in there. I can still remember playing Foxtrot for the first time like it was yesterday! here are some more from 72 that are worthy of adding to the list and checking out if you haven't already:

A woofer in Tweeters clothing: Sparks
Catch Bull at Four : Cat Stevens
No secrets: Carly Simon
The Magicians Birthday : Uriah Heep
For the Roses : Joni Mitchell
Octopus : Gentle Giant
St Dominics Preview : Van Morrison

Cheers. Always interested in finding stuff that I missed first time round.

Sparks were the second band I ever saw in concert but I've only ever owned Kimono.

Not got many Heep albums but I do have four cd box set.

Today's music is absolutely terrible...ed sheeran needs to be put into space and never heard of again along with prob all the chart shite...still love all the music from my early 20's...U2,simple minds,the alarm,big country,and you still can't get enough of the 80's

I spend about 4 or 5 hours a week listening to music, mostly YouTube whilst drinking in bed at weekend. I’d say it’s pretty much 80s and 90s stuff, with the odd noughties song. So yes I still listen to stuff from that age.

This thread has piqued my interest in 60s and 70s stuff so I’ll now dive in to that as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.