Do you still pinch yourself?

citysix said:
im in dreamland everyday...ctid god knows what will happen when win a trophy

There will be posts complaining that we won 5-0 it by playing the wrong type of football. It could have been won 'better' had Hughes been manager and Bellamy and Ireland had been playing rather than Jo and Milner - despite Jo's hat-trick and Milners four assists. Mancini was again showing his defensive approach by, despite Tevez having scored two goals and looking for his hat-trick, taking him off simply because he had broken his arm and replacing him with Vieira with over 30 seconds of injury time to go!

I have had moments over the last couple of seasons of amazement that have made me think 'am I Dreaming!!!'

The signing of David Silva. Despite all the top talent we've signed his name was the one that got me the most excited. A world cup winner still in his prime wanted to join city. I've not been disappointed once his settling in period was out of the way. He is just class.

I also get the same feeling when watching city retain possession while probing the opposition looking for an opening to score a goal. Sven started this change in city, hughes kind of abandoned it and now its back under Mancini. Take Yaya's goal against Fulham as a great example. This is how the great teams play and its sometimes a joy to watch.

Its sill changing and I still get frustrated but I don't long for the good old days of being a yo yo team.

Oh yes, still in dreamland but now getting used to it as i knew at 4-1 up in the 89th minute we would win. A few more years and at 4-1 up after 60 mins i know we will win but slowly the typical city is wearing off

I know exactly what you mean lol. Was anyone else sat there with 10 mins to go just wishing the ref would blow the damn whistle??

hertsblue said:
Oh yes, still in dreamland but now getting used to it as i knew at 4-1 up in the 89th minute we would win. A few more years and at 4-1 up after 60 mins i know we will win but slowly the typical city is wearing off

when looking at the league table I still start at the bottom and count points until i see City, its getting more and more testing for a thicko like me.

I do yeah.

I think back sometimes and wonder how we coped when there was really no point (ie we were never going to really do anything) as opposed to now when we're seeing real talents playing in blue and we've a real shot at not just winning A TROPHY but winning quite a few!

We are blessed and we should be truly thankful.

stumpy_mcfc said:
The press no longer refer to it as the big 4 now - it is the big 3 and when we crash that it will be the big 2 and .......
Yeah, i've noticed them referring to the "Big 3" more frequently.

From dirt to dream, huh?

I'm also glad that the backbone players of this team still have at least 5 good years ahead of them as well. Hart (23), Kompany (24), De Jong (25), Silva (24), Tevez (26).

Just thinking how excellent they gonna be in the next few years, saying this not yet to mention about other quality players who are currently sitting on the bench and more top class players who will arrive in the near future as well!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.