Do you still tip?

Yea I've always tipped, even though I'm skint myself if I receive good service I feel the need to reward the good service....

However there are times I get a shit service thus I don't tip.
Usually the shit service is in English Restuarant/Pub type places with Snotty Students who can't be assed serving.

I tip if the food's good enough and i actually get some good service. By good service i don't mean someone just asking what you're having and putting a plate on your table... that's just doing your job. If the waiter/waitress is interested in building a little rapport with you, you're more inclined to tip i'd say.

I don't tip in pubs, never spend long enough in there to warrant giving one. If you're there all day, fair enough.

Hate chain restaurants that rely on tips to bulk up their employee rates of pay, i think it's selfish of the company.

awww, dee dums, their on minimum wage as are 65% of the working population. do you tip checkout staff at the supermarket for smiling at you?, i dont get this tipping thing. Americanised way of politely stealing from you and damnbed be you if you dont. i pay for my food, thats it. and to be fair.
any free money i have goes on my kids and to the charity shop.

I only tip bar staff on the odd occasion I'm local, never understood the 'and yours' thing until I asked a mate who's a barmaid, she said it's just a tip, like 10p-20p.
I stopped doing it in the city because people started taking liberties, like taking £1 for opening two bottles, one even poured herself a Martini and added £3.50 to the bill, cheeky biatch.

MATCITY said:
I worked in a pub for 5 years,so realise the difference 20p or so a round can make in what are generally shit wages

Same here.

I always tip barstaff i know it makes a difference and makes the job worth doing, plus i get good service.

The thing is with the bar staff if your in the pub for long enough you could have anytning from 5 to 10 drinks depending what your drinking on the night. Would you tip for every drink as I have seen people do it still to this day which is madness. Fair enough if its your round and your out with a group of friends getting a round in and a tip for the bar staff is common. I think thats what most good lounge boys or girls do well they see a group of 8 or whatever if they play there cards right they could well get a good tip from that group by the end of the night.

Well thats my opinion on the bar work used to love doing the lounge boy worked in a pub in Christchurch and whenever I noticed a huge group coming in I used to rub my hands together and make sure. They got served asap tables cleaned asap and tips from them used to be great. The women were always touchy feely fuck it it didnt bother me I had my arse slapped and pinched many a time by old women and young women and the odd fella which freaked me out. But at the end of the night you would be walking out with a decent tips from that table.

The worst thing that happend in the bar that I worked in after 2 years they decided to put all tips in a jar and split it between all of the staff. Fuck that shit a barman ons a hell of a lot more than a lounge boy or girl I ended up jacking it in. Used to hate working during the smoking in pubs I dont smoke but at the end of the night the smell of smoke off your clothes was terrible.

The only time i havent tipped, was in a restaurant about 3 years ago. Some little fat slag, chewing gum and gave out attitude to me and the then misses. practically threw the food at us, didnt give a shit about anyone or anything. Finished the meal, paid the bill and walked out without feeling guilty.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.