Do you still tip?

leighton said:
With money being tight for most people do you still tip when you go out for meal or in the pub when the lounge staff come over for your order? I do but not as often as I once did. When I go out for meal I always do a couple of euro. In the pub it depends if its the same lounge person at the end of the night I would tip him a couple of euro. I even tip the taxi driver depending on how much I am charged if its 18 euro I give him 20 euro and get out of the car. Do you still do it or is it now starting to be seen less and less now.

We always give an extra 10%.

Yes, probably only a couple of quid in a pub over the course of a few drinks and around 10% if I have a meal, unless the service was awful. I remember being a student and relying on tips.

what I do is 10 % when out for a meal

if I'm in the local boozer i tip on my first round as then I usually get served quicker later as they think I'll continue to tip

I usually do.

A tip about tipping - never tip by adding to your credit card bill. 90% of the time that money goes straight to the business owner and the staff don't see a penny. Pay by credit card and leave your tip in cash.

I tip, but it annoys me how waiters/waitresses etc get arsey if people don't tip. Yes, they're on minimum wage, but so what? they're doing their job carrying some drinks and some plates over.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.