Do you support the RMT?

also 40% goes back to the treasury as income tax and no train driver will hide his money in an off shore tax avoiding account - it will get spent mostly in the local community - raising yet more tax and growing the economy
And most also plus 8% national insurance

LOL!
The trickle down effect…
Well, the clue was in the post. Unlike the rich getting massively wealthier but salting it away, these pay rises will get spent in the UK economy.

Without the politics and union arguments, how much does a train driver actually make? I’ve read wildly different numbers.

Say a driver who’s been at it for 5 years and drives a bog standard northern rail type commuter train.

Obvs the main line high speed train drivers get paid more (I’d assume)

The company I work for we will be on £65,500 basic after this pay rise. Cross Country drivers on the other hand will be on £10k more than that so it’s slightly skewed for people to say ‘the average salary of a train driver is X, Y or Z’ as I’ve seen quoted so many times the last 2 years.

The company I work for we will be on £65,500 basic after this pay rise. Cross Country drivers on the other hand will be on £10k more than that so it’s slightly skewed for people to say ‘the average salary of a train driver is X, Y or Z’ as I’ve seen quoted so many times the last 2 years.
The politics of envy, and always seems to be Tories, who must be on twice that wage.

#slaves4us

UK Average wage is just under £36,000 a year. Good luck to anyone on more than that but my sympathies will always be with those working a full week earning a lot less than that. i.e. Someone working a 40 hour week on the minimum wage is on less than £24,000 a year.

I presume he realises it’s the government that is having to pay for these pay rises aka the tax payer.

Thus debit from treasury coffers of 100%
In the credit column some income tax and maybe some VAT when they buy something.

It softens the headline impact of the pay rise nowt else but the treasury will never get all “its” money back. One thing it isn’t is growth.
More train drivers, more trains, more passengers = growth.

also 40% goes back to the treasury as income tax and no train driver will hide his money in an off shore tax avoiding account - it will get spent mostly in the local community - raising yet more tax and growing the economy
Yeah right my mates a driver just bought a villa in Kissimmee, you don’t get more local than that. He don’t need a rise should be means tested if they don’t need it Government should take it off them.

Yeah right my mates a driver just bought a villa in Kissimmee, you don’t get more local than that. He don’t need a rise should be means tested if they don’t need it Government should take it off them.
I'm assuming you've taken something dodgy in the past few hours to come out with that bollocks.

Reactions: Vic

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.