Do you support the RMT?

Amen.

This is something I cannot believe the unions and in particular Labour have not pointed out again and again. One of the primary purposes of Brexit and this Tory manifesto was better jobs and pay as less immigration meant a stronger market for the jobseekers. Johnson for the last 12 months has banged on about been a high wage economy, I guess wage increases are only for MPs, not nurses, educators or train drivers.
Actually, it is now being heard. "Is the high wage economy no more an aim?"

Just watched a brief from the pm’s cabinet meeting this morning.. he keeps talking about union barons?? Any idea of what one is ?? It just goes to show he’s not got one not one thought about the working men and women who pay to be part of a union to protect themselves and their families for financial security and health and safety in the work place. And his cronie Grant shite wafting on regarding the RMT being a leftie union … he’s wrong it’s a strong union as a union is only as strong as it’s members . This is the tip of the iceberg, it’s about time the workers stood up against this lot in power.
It’s not about greed this dispute apart from those at the top of the pile.

I am afraid that’s how all Governments work
You tell me one Government through history who have announced tax changes more than a few months ahead.
The State Pensions have become unsustainable in an ageing population.
We were getting to the stage where the younger smaller workforce would not be able to fund the pension pot
The only other way to fund State Pensions would have been through borrowing , placing further burdens on future generations
At least the Tories had the balls to do something about it even if wasn’t popular.
It wasn't popular with the WASPI women.

Care to revisit what the younger smaller workforce can afford with the announcement that state pensions are going up by 10%? - which apparently is not inflationary, whereas wage increases are.

Actually, it is now being heard. "Is the high wage economy no more an aim?"
Starmer and Labour need to get out front and centre and say this. Another broken promise. That would be my slogan if I was Labour. Nurses got 1% pay rise following COVID, call this out. The Scottish Labour Leader showed him up today by stepping out and supporting the strike.

Last edited:
To nationalised railways (in Germany, Italy, France, Holland...) who run many of our trains.
But they run the services here as privatised companies...
East Midlands Trains which I use most of the companies went into Dutch ownership and were full of promises of improvements but main changes have been increased prices and plans to stop trains to Matlock, and no longer doing the direct Norwich to Liverpool service

You don't believe anything the Government or the Union says. Yet you know what is absolutely true.
The truth in these tribal disputes virtually always lies in the middle. You have to be sceptical of both sides. I have direct personal experience of industrial disputes from both sides of the divide, as a union official and then later as a senior manager.

Starmer and Labour need to get out front and centre and say this. Another broken promise. That would be my slogan if I was Labour. Nurses got 1% pay rise following COVID, call this out. The Scottish Labour Leader showed him up today by stepping out and supporting the strike.

Nope, Tories are absolutely destroying themselves- Kier needs to carry on keeping his head down with the odd sucker punch here and there and watch them implode

Been getting messages from a former work colleague who has been in the West End tonight and is going to Surbiton by bus - he says its Carno's down there tonight buses and street packed - some stayed late some went to the pub and are now trying to get home but as of about an hour ago Knightsbridge was rammed

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.