Do YOU think Mancini will be our manager next season?

Re: Do YOU think Mancini will be out manager next season?

thecitymassive said:
I was speaking to a couple of guys on the third tier west stand today, and they were adamant...i mean ADAMANT, that Mourinho will be our manager next season.

Well unless the two guys were Khaldoon and Sheikh Mansour then like everyone else they are just guessing.

Mourinho coming next season has become an article of faith for some and I persume on the basis that if enough people believe something then it must be true...a bit like Santa Claus.

I think the reality is that no one really knows for certain because a lot will depend on what happens over the next 5 games. What is gratifying is that notwithstanding the whispers and the gossip it doesn't seem to be hindering Mancini or the players in the push for fourth but then perhaps they know more about the manager's situation then two guys in the third tier of the West Stand or even some of the posters on here.

Just a thought.

TonyM said:
For me it's always about getting the results but while playing as a team. I don't htink you can simply have one or the other. I'm more confident of us playing as a decent unit of late but lets not forget how horrible we have been to watch up until now. I think the biggest thing in Mancini's favour is that other than Mourinho there aren't many proven managers about and Mourinho isn't for us I think (I hope at least 'cos he's a prat). I hope Mancini is given next season to prove himself but if by Christmas we aren't playing flowing attractive football and challenging in the top 4 then I'd be fine with him being sent packing. I am more concerned with being proud of our performances than ashamed of our managerial flippedyfloppediness.

I think it's unrealistic to expect flowing football every week, even in the best of circumstances, let alone 4 months in, playing for such an important target with a somewhat unbalanced squad. only barca are close to winning titles whilst playing beautiful football week in, week out, and even they were grateful for a scrappy win against real yesterday. chelsea and utd have loads of scrappy wins/draws. like spurs, sometimes they look great on the highlights but it's not a true reflection of their play. we've seen some great stuff and some very average stuff. IMO that's how it goes, unless you are arsene wenger!

If Mourinho was settled I dont think we would be having this issue. Alot of this comes from us city fans. Its as though some fans are longing for the day fergie retires and they dont want Mourinho to be there next boss for the fear that there success will continue.

Lets back the manager with funds this summer and concentrate on us rather than those lot

Yes, absolutely top class manager.

Yes.
I think he was given a nod some time ago and asked to start making a transfer list for next season.

I'd love him to be our manager next season, he is passionate, clever and I think he is one of the best managers we've had for a while. If they get rid of him for Mourinho, or anyone at all for that matter, I would be extremely disappointed, I really like Mancini and I hope we have him for a very long time. Just think, they say that the most successful clubs are usually those which have had the same manager for a long time, Mancini is already turning us into a successful club after a few months so imagine after he's been our manager for a few years!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.