Do you think player by player, we are better than Arsenal?

I also think it's close, hwoever I think our squad is possibly better than Arsenals. With the likes of SWP, Petrov, Bellamy, Dunne(yes), RSC, Elano (maybe), Zaba - all now experienced PL pro's sitting on the bench we are much less susceptible to a bad run of injuries than we have ever been in the past.

Once Arse get a few injuries they are down to the youngsters, similar to City for ages, whereas we now have much more strength in depth now.

NZBlumer said:
Somud said:
Goalkeeper:

Given vs Almunia - City

Defence:

Richards vs Sagna - Arsenal

Nedum vs Toure - Arsenal 'Just IMO'

Kompany vs Gallas - Arsenal

Bridge vs Clichy - Arsenal

Midfield:

De Jong vs Denilson - City

Barry vs Cesc - Arsenal

Ireland vs Arshavin - Arsenal 'Superman' needs another massive season to be classed in the next tier of class IMO.

Attack:

Tevez vs Walcott - City

Adebayor vs Eduardo - City

Robinho vs van Persie - City

We loose 5 to 6! As metioned we are closing the gap fast, we own them in attack but we need to strengthen our defense asap.

V difficult this... but good exercise. I think Kompany could prove to be better than Gallas. Gallas is now prone to a few errors and his head goes. The rest, pretty spot on.

there is not much in it at all but there already a good team where as were potentially puutting a great team together, therefore they have a head start. in sagna, clichy, gallas and toure, they have a far better back 4 than us at the moment! come on hughes sign some defenders!

I think Astuteboy is living up to his name here saying we may have a better team on paper, however that's all it is... on paper. Arsenal have an excellent coaching system that doesn't rely on big players but plays beautiful sweeping football that is ingrained in all their players by Wenger. This is especially evident in their Carling Cup teams who play in exactly the same way as their first team.
Wenger is an excellent manager who delivers beautiful football. I hope we push them close and may even finish higher but it isn't as cut and dry as having better players on paper. Bloody helps though:)

I think soon our squad will be better by far.

One question though... Why is this on the transfer forum and not the bluemoon forum??

arsenal are the better team, but their lack of squad depth is what could see city leapfrog them. fabregas getting injured for a few months for example.

as for arseshaving being better than ireland, whoever suggested that doesn't watch football!

Ntini77 said:
I rate Ned & Kompany ahead of Toure & Gallas tbh.

Then again, in terms of consistency RVP should be ahead of Robinho too.

Can't agree with this. On either count.

Ned and Kompany have a long way to go to be classed int the same league. We have only seen VK in defence occasionally so can't really comment until he has played a season there at least.

Also Robinho, whilst his form was patchy, was judged purely on goals last season. So at the start and end of the season he was good and in the middle of the season not so. Which isn't the case. He had some decent games with no reward. RVP is top notch but he is consistently injured so I don't think there is much between them. And this year I am expecting robinho will shine more.

As for who is better, well man for man we may or may not be better, but as a team arsenal have proved themselves to be better. It remains to be seen if we can play as a team so only one winner at this stage.

sqblue said:
arsenal are the better team, but their lack of squad depth is what could see city leapfrog them. fabregas getting injured for a few months for example.

as for arseshaving being better than ireland, whoever suggested that doesn't watch football!

Take off your blue glasses - he has done it on a european level winning the uefa cup. Arshavin is better than Ireland at this stage and whoever suggests he isn't doesnt watch football!!

Ireland is no doubt better than what he was at the same age though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.