Do you think we will WIN a Trophy next season?

B B

BLUEMATT23

Ok a bit early i know but Community Shield aside does anyone think we will one of (or more) of the four trophies next season, i.e. Premier League, Champions League, FA Cup or League Cup. And how do you think we will fare over the four competitions?.

My predictions are:

Premier League: 3rd
Champions League: Quarter Finals
FA Cup: Win & Retain
League Cup: Quarter Finals

yes

premier league

Fa cup

and Champions league

in that order

but a few posters will be on here slagging off Bobby saying if we had kept Hughes we wouldn't have been knocked out of the league cup so early

I think I will have to go for a lie down after that uncharacteristic bout of positiveness

mancunial said:
premier league title
champs league qtrs
fa cup qtrs
league cup winners

WHAT glory hunters manchester city fans

we have turned into the scum

4TH BOTTOM FOR ME

u never know... it's in the reach because U*ited buyed that shit load of Risk Keeper and will struggle at least in early games, so there is only Chelsea who realy can mess it up.

Our premier league aspirations are totally dependant on how we improve the squad to cope with SIX CONSECUTIVE AWAY GAMES after Champions League exploits the previous midweek - with THREE of these against the Rags, Dippers and Chelski. As The Rags and Chelski regularly slip up under these circumstances I'm not too hopeful, however if we do well in these 6 games then the Premier league title will be achievable with the next three milestones being the away games in January and February, the league run in and the ability to win in multiple competitions with matches packed tightly together. If we then don't fall by the way side like we did in January (with our inability to win away for 3 months) then we will be in at the run in and then it is a real possibility.
League Cup - depends how the kids do till December (I doubt it myself).
FA Cup - depends on the draw but we have as good a chance as the others at the top of the league. A repeat? Why not.
Champs League. We won't win it. We may however get to the QF.

So if Mancini get's the squad he needs I'll be very optimistic.If not then we could end up with nowt as the Champions League is very draining.

In the league I think we just need to concentrate on consolidating ourselves as a top 3 side again. I thought United and Chelsea both under-performed last season yet still finished above us, they will both be miles better. It remains to be seen if we will be stronger than last season yet, since we haven't signed anyone.

As for the cups they are a complete lottery. There's no such thing as a "should win game". Notts County were minutes away from beating us last season and if it weren't for that run and cross from Micah we wouldn't have had them great days in April and May! We could just as easily go out away to Shrewsbury as we could beat Chelsea in the final. and that's not being "typical City" that's just the nature of the cup.

As for the Champions Lg, this first season I just want us to do what we can. I'm actually hoping for the Spanish, Italian and German champions in the group stage. Barcarole are in pot one, AC Milan are in pot two, City are in pot three and Dortmund are in pot four. No piss easy Twente and Bremen like Spurs had (Christ we had more difficult teams than them two in our Europa Lg group)! I want us tested from the outset, I want us to prove ourselves against the best. If we manage to finish first or second in the group stage I would mind if we ended up going out in the first knock-out round. I'd much rather go out then and finish third in the Prem than get to the semi-finals and finish fourth in the Prem!

So basically my only expectation for next season is to finish in the top three again. If we don't win a trophy I won't be bothered one bit. For the rest of my days if we finish anywhere in the top three and have no longer than three years between a trophy win, I'll be more than extatic!<br /><br />-- Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:49 am --<br /><br />For those saying well win or challenge for the title what exactly will change from our away games at Spurs, Villa, Arsenal, United, Chelsea, Everton and Liverpool where we picked up a meager 2 points out of a possible 21? I think these games are where we need to pick up more points to challenge for the title and I don't see Mancini's tactics changing for them games, so what will change?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.