Do you want Tevez to stay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Carlos tevez (mods we need a seperate tevez thread)

Blue Haze said:
Just watched the Mancini interview. Wow. I've never seen him go publicly ballistic on players like he just did to Tevez and Dzeko.

This isn't "Mario was Mario." This was Dzeko will sit on the bench with me. This was Tevez won't play for me again.

Need a day to digest this, but it's satisfying to see him angry. I've never seen him angry like that before. Compared to the normally cool Mancini I thought he was going to punch a journalist.

Yes, someone called him 'emotional', I thought he was absolutely fucking fuming. I'm happy about it as well...this could be the thing that 'makes' the team.

Re: Tevez deserves to stay

M22 Blue said:
Lewbiz said:
bakchod said:
I know everyone is pissed at tevez here.He has no right to refuse to come but the circumstances and constant snubbing by mancini boiled down to this disgusting event.It was clear in the sidelines of the 1st half when the match was well under 45 min and when tevez was warming up,he expected to start the 2nd half or atleast 10 min from the starting given the fact that we were 2 goal down.I dont know what mancini said to the team in the dressing room but how the team started the 2nd half it became evident that we were not pressing the ball with much zeal and enthusiasm from the word go ,though it should have been the opposite.Then came the sub of dzeko which i think was rightly played by mancini but for a striker sitting on the bench and seeing a defensive mid going for a forward adds to your frustration when you are ready to play and are eager to have an impact on the game especially when you are 2 down.Mancini could have explained to tevez about his gameplan of "calming the game" which is puzzling given the situation, beforehand through his training or coaching staff to tevez that he would go on as a 2nd sub rather than leaving him to ponder and vent his frustration on these confusing substitutions.This reminds me of the fulham game when he was brought on the 80th min rather than 15 min before when he could have more of an impact ,rather than trying to pull a frenzied effort to impress the gaffer and thus playing nervously with an added burden around him to score.This was the same scene with Napoli game where also he could have been introduced much earlier to have an impact.
I totally agree with the fellow bluemooners that what he did today is totally unacceptable given the fact what he said about our club and the entire summer saga which went on but the constant belittling and deriding of tevez by mancini during press interviews where he said he was not fit enough initially and then not good enough to be even the 3rd striker goes way above my head.The initial statement is true to an extent since his absence from preseason tour and return from Copa America but mancini's constant reference lately that he is still not 100% fit and well not good enough to start or atleast get subbed after 60 min is kind of a personal vendetta between the coach and the player.He was our top scorer last season and whatever be the issue off the pitch,i have never seen a more committed player in the squad than him when he comes on the pitch.I dont know what personal lesson mancini is hellbent on giving to tevez but it has taken the toll on team's performance and unity.It would be wrong to say its totally Tevez's fault ,mancini is no saint either.
So i hope city board ponders over this issue with due diligence and calm before giving a hasty decision.This issue between the player and the coach should be resolved now given that tevez's personal family issues have settled for the moment and the player has expressed his desire to stay.His passion and faith for the club should not be questioned even though he is made to sit at the bench when he should have been playing in the first place.

Do you sit behind me in 128?

if he does then twat him square in the face

Unfortunately the person I'm thinking of is female...

bakchod said:
vonksbignose said:
bakchod said:
You sir have totally missed the point when half of the football world is amazed at mancini's sub strategy today.Jump at what, going at the 65th min 2 goal down when you see dejong going in for Dzeko earlier.Gimme a break

It wouldn't matter if the whole football world was amazed at Mancini's strategy. It wouldn't matter if he'd elected to push Joe Hart up front & put Tevez in fucking goals! He's the boss & if that's what he wanted to do, then Tevez should fucking get on with it & if there's any problems with that, ask questions later! Not in the heat of battle!

Imagine an army regiment where the infantry soldiers get to question their officers tactics whilst all around them their comrades are being shelled! Well thats essentially what Carlos Tevez decided was appropriate behaviour this evening, & thats why he should be made to face the full consequences of his one man mutiny!

If you've got a spare £40 million, you could buy him yourself if you think he's such a fantastic specimen of a footballer.

Well if you read my first post you will get the answer.He was ready to be brought on in the 2nd half when he was warming up in the sidelines alongwith dejong,milner and kolarov.I didnt say what he did is acceptable but mancini could have brought him in the start of the 2nd half rather than putting him at the 65th min in place of nasri.The look on dzeko and aguero's face said it all when he was substituted with Dejong.The same thing happened when silva was substituted with zabaleta in the Fulham game.

Sorry but you are way way wide of the mark on this one.

No matter what the manager does it is unnaceptable to refuse to play. End of.

tevez has been agitating for a move all summer, and before, so why, when we have other strikers in form should he pick Tevez? Plus he's not been playing well when he's come on.

It's right that Mancini picks players who are committed to the cause and by his actions tonigtht Tevez has shown that the only person he cares about is himself. He doesn't give a sh*t about his team mates or more importantly the club.

Never have I been so disgusted with a player, never. I do not understand how you can even BEGIN to defend the tw*t.

Let him rot.

bakchod said:
I know everyone is pissed at tevez here.He has no right to refuse to come but the circumstances and constant snubbing by mancini boiled down to this disgusting event.It was clear in the sidelines of the 1st half when the match was well under 45 min and when tevez was warming up,he expected to start the 2nd half or atleast 10 min from the starting given the fact that we were 2 goal down.I dont know what mancini said to the team in the dressing room but how the team started the 2nd half it became evident that we were not pressing the ball with much zeal and enthusiasm from the word go ,though it should have been the opposite.Then came the sub of dzeko which i think was rightly played by mancini but for a striker sitting on the bench and seeing a defensive mid going for a forward adds to your frustration when you are ready to play and are eager to have an impact on the game especially when you are 2 down.Mancini could have explained to tevez about his gameplan of "calming the game" which is puzzling given the situation, beforehand through his training or coaching staff to tevez that he would go on as a 2nd sub rather than leaving him to ponder and vent his frustration on these confusing substitutions.This reminds me of the fulham game when he was brought on the 80th min rather than 15 min before when he could have more of an impact ,rather than trying to pull a frenzied effort to impress the gaffer and thus playing nervously with an added burden around him to score.This was the same scene with Napoli game where also he could have been introduced much earlier to have an impact.
I totally agree with the fellow bluemooners that what he did today is totally unacceptable given the fact what he said about our club and the entire summer saga which went on but the constant belittling and deriding of tevez by mancini during press interviews where he said he was not fit enough initially and then not good enough to be even the 3rd striker goes way above my head.The initial statement is true to an extent since his absence from preseason tour and return from Copa America but mancini's constant reference lately that he is still not 100% fit and well not good enough to start or atleast get subbed after 60 min is kind of a personal vendetta between the coach and the player.He was our top scorer last season and whatever be the issue off the pitch,i have never seen a more committed player in the squad than him when he comes on the pitch.I dont know what personal lesson mancini is hellbent on giving to tevez but it has taken the toll on team's performance and unity.It would be wrong to say its totally Tevez's fault ,mancini is no saint either.
So i hope city board ponders over this issue with due diligence and calm before giving a hasty decision.This issue between the player and the coach should be resolved now given that tevez's personal family issues have settled for the moment and the player has expressed his desire to stay.His passion and faith for the club should not be questioned even though he is made to sit at the bench when he should have been playing in the first place.

Wrong wrong wrong!

Instead of your idiotic idea, I say we sell him to a club in Siberia. For cheap. Now.

OR let him rot in the reserves for the remainder of his contract. Now that would be hilarious.

Re: Carlos tevez (mods we need a seperate tevez thread)

rlhs09.jpg

bakchod said:
Maly Wilson said:
bakchod said:
But what decision is to keep your top scorer last season to sulk at the bench when he could possibly change the game when utmost needed.He could atleast been brought on in the Everton game.Mancini's entire handling of his subs during the last few games is totally puzzling.

Bad subs against Fulham yes, but how can Balo, a sub, scoring be a bad decision?

Tonight I totally get where Mancini was coming from. Start winning a bit of ball, then put Tevez on 5 mins or so later.......which was exactly what Mancini tried to do until Tevez decided to take his ball home cos it wasn't fair.

So I take it that you don't like Mancini seeing as you didn't answer my previous question?

Ha ha, just remembered Milner scored as well against Everton....another bad substitution? Or do yoou think Tevez deserves his chance & would've bagged 3 against Everton all by himself, just like the selffish twat he is

Surely you're on a wind up
I didnt say balo and milner were bad subs but who knows if tevez was brought it could have been more.Atleast he deserved some playtime in that game rather than being left on the bench.

Playtime? I know he acts like a 5 year old, but he's a grown man & just because he wants to be on the pitch doesn't mean he gets to be there! Thats up to the manager.

You really are making yourself out to be a bit of a pillock, & as you are still going with this in the face of every single other person disagreeing with you, I've decided that you're a WUM & you can go fish elsewhere.

Even though he was on the bench tonight I think Mancini must have taken him by surprise when he asked him to warm up so he deserves another chance.

He's fucked us about for too long now. This is the last straw. Both Tevez and Jorabchian need to get as far away from City as possible.

If Mancini plays Tevez again it'll show he has no authority in the dressing room and alot of confidence in him as manager will be lost.

bakchod said:
Maly Wilson said:
bakchod said:
But what decision is to keep your top scorer last season to sulk at the bench when he could possibly change the game when utmost needed.He could atleast been brought on in the Everton game.Mancini's entire handling of his subs during the last few games is totally puzzling.

Bad subs against Fulham yes, but how can Balo, a sub, scoring be a bad decision?

Tonight I totally get where Mancini was coming from. Start winning a bit of ball, then put Tevez on 5 mins or so later.......which was exactly what Mancini tried to do until Tevez decided to take his ball home cos it wasn't fair.

So I take it that you don't like Mancini seeing as you didn't answer my previous question?

Ha ha, just remembered Milner scored as well against Everton....another bad substitution? Or do yoou think Tevez deserves his chance & would've bagged 3 against Everton all by himself, just like the selffish twat he is

Surely you're on a wind up
I didnt say balo and milner were bad subs but who knows if tevez was brought it could have been more.Atleast he deserved some playtime in that game rather than being left on the bench.

You're giving me a migraine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.