• Yes

Votes: 104 72.2%
  • No

Votes: 40 27.8%

• Total voters

SamTheGuru

Team supported
MCFC OK
I have tried many times over the years to watch as many pre-season games as I can. However, I gave up all together a few years ago after setting alarms to stupid times in the morning. I think it was Balotelli that killed it altogether for me?

The games in North America and Asia have become a combination of goodwill visits (with the club hoping to boost the 'brand') and a way for players to gently work their way to full fitness. This season may be a little more interesting with there having been no major summer tournament that's meant a lot of players on extended holidays during the pre-season but I still won't get too excited about it.
I'll watch the highlights packages that City put on the website as there will invariably be a promising youngster or two that features but that's as far as it goes. I definitely won't be losing sleep to watch live.

I have tried many times over the years to watch as many pre-season games as I can. However, I gave up all together a few years ago after setting alarms to stupid times in the morning. I think it was Balotelli that killed it altogether for me?
Are you referring to him trying a trick shot?

If so it is a bit poor and the one thing I never liked about Mancini, with his over the top reaction to it can you imagine the old dinosaur's reaction to the very first overhead kick attempt, you could have headed that instead of fucking about they will have screamed but now everybody loves them.

It is what it is and it was only a friendly.

If it wasn't that incident ignore everything I just said.

When I were nobbut a lad we’d go to places like Southport for pre season “friendlies”.
I remember one where Rodney Marsh put an opponent in hospital and another where Buzzer got sent off.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.