Do you watch the pre-season games?

Do you watch pre-season games?

• Yes

Votes: 104 72.2%
  • No

Votes: 40 27.8%

• Total voters
When was the last time we played a friendly that isn't the community shield on UK soil? I honestly can't remember the last time we played a local side in a friendly game. we have played in Iceland and germany over the years as far as i can think.

One of the few things I miss about being shit is the pre- season.

Had some great trips to places like the Isle of Man and Scotland. Even the Stockport, Altrincham, Rochdale type games were good local fun.

Can’t say watching the reserves play a China X1 at 4 am on the tele is quite so much fun but times move on I guess.

When was the last time we played a friendly that isn't the community shield on UK soil? I honestly can't remember the last time we played a local side in a friendly game. we have played in Iceland and germany over the years as far as i can think.
Didn’t we play Preston and Blackpool at the academy stadium last season or the season before?

Probably Dundee & Hearts back in 2014 under Pellergrini
Did them both. Typical the games were Sunday & Friday. Not the same weekend!!
Two trips north of the border but made a proper weekend of the Hearts game !

I don't generally watch pre season games, but will watch the up and coming ones, Purley to get a first proper look at Haaland, which I am really looking forward to.

I used to love going to pre season games, Oldham, Stockport, Blackpool etc. No expense and easy to get to for a laugh rather than the footy.
Other than Hamburg the last one I went to was the second one at Scarborough when City decided to do an exhibition at half time for the locals with Alex Stepney putting perfect balls in for a line of City players to either head or volley.
I think we scored 3 out of 20 shots with the highlight being that **** Creaney twatting one 90 degrees to the right and it ending up on a knoll between the stands for the benefit of a few blues who had been thrown out.
Just by luck Scarborough had a spare ball.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.