Doctor Who

Re: Doctor Who

Never watched one ever- are they any good????

We will be watching in our house we all love it . None more so than Mrs Modgeblue !

Bigg Bigg Blue said:
Some are good but most of them have been a bit childish.

This is a wind up yeah ?

Not a fan myself though my family are hence I have caught a lot of the recent docu-drama stuff. I am fascinated how the beeb have re-invented the "cultural significance" of the show- mostly coz now its a massive world wide cash cow !! It was a quirky sci-fi show that overstayed its welcome 1st time around - got stale and had naff effects and came back with better writing and a budget so its a success on a wave of nostalgia- and spin off mags, toys and dvd's

Bigg Bigg Blue said:
Isn't it a kids show primarily?
We like it as its one of the few things we can all watch together.
Agree the bbc have done well to make such a cash cow out of it.<br /><br />-- Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:43 am --<br /><br />
Bigg Bigg Blue said:
Isn't it a kids show primarily?
We like it as its one of the few things we can all watch together.
Agree the bbc have done well to make such a cash cow out of it.

bluethrunthru said:
Bigg Bigg Blue said:

This is a wind up yeah ?

Not a fan myself though my family are hence I have caught a lot of the recent docu-drama stuff. I am fascinated how the beeb have re-invented the "cultural significance" of the show- mostly coz now its a massive world wide cash cow !! It was a quirky sci-fi show that overstayed its welcome 1st time around - got stale and had naff effects and came back with better writing and a budget so its a success on a wave of nostalgia- and spin off mags, toys and dvd's

No not a wind up, just what I think.
I love the show and always have but I just think that some of the episodes have been a bit dumbed down to get very young kids to watch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.