Doctor Who

Re: Doctor Who

So thought i'd give this a watch for the first time last night.

Take it you'd have to have been watching it to know just what the hell is going on.

His assistant though, she's rather lovely isn't she.

I THINK THAT THE NEW MUSIC AND THE START IS CRAP NOW, rather have the old music, but I enjoyed the first one even though I got lost in it a few times

Being a connoisseur of this series, I thought I would give it a visit as the inclusion of Capaldi reminded me of the original outlook of 'The Doctor'.

It had certainly moved on the 'childish' set up of the last 2 Doctors, and whilst it retained some of those elements, it was certainly darker in overtones. More serious and more sinister. Capaldi's new version seems to take you or leave or you at the drop a hat, which is how I remember The Doctor in my generation's incarnation.

May just be worth sticking with...

Bigga said:
Being a connoisseur of this series, I thought I would give it a visit as the inclusion of Capaldi reminded me of the original outlook of 'The Doctor'.

It had certainly moved on the 'childish' set up of the last 2 Doctors, and whilst it retained some of those elements, it was certainly darker in overtones. More serious and more sinister. Capaldi's new version seems to take you or leave or you at the drop a hat, which is how I remember The Doctor in my generation's incarnation.

May just be worth sticking with...

If he goes Malcolm Tucker it will be.

I watched my first ever Dr Who episode last night.

I don't know why but I never watched it as a kid. Then when I was an adult and they brought it back, it looked too plastic and was aimed at families with young kids. So, knowing that the Dr will always find a way out of trouble - from what I heard his wand thingy saves the day a lot - I thought it best to let the families watch it. Then, I saw the trailer for the new series, and there was something about Peter Capaldi as the Dr that intrigued me, so I decided to give it a go.

Based on the first episode. it was a bit too goofy in places, but if they can get the balance right and the new Dr is as interesting as they are making out I look forward to watching more.

vlcsnap-2020-01-26-19h46m50s197-b4ea-e1580080692407.png

Jo Martin is The Doctor.

Let the piss boiling begin!

Finally Chibnall got into his stride tonight.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/01/26/doct...r-surprise-twist-changes-everything-12127286/

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.