Does anybody else think USA will beat us???

i think the usa are quite an average team. i know it was only a friendly but i watched them play czech republic a few weeks ago (had a bet on the czechs at 3/1. mental odds) was not particularly impressed by them. think england will win but the odds for a straight victory are terrible (8/15) so im looking at other markets. these appeal to me:

england to score in both halves - 13/8
england to be winning at h/t and f/t - 6/4

not convinced england will keep a clean sheet either so may be tempted by correct score:
england win 2-1 17/2
england win 3-1 14/1

still undecided though so will probably leave it until tomorrow afternoon before making any bets.

no fuckin' way! England 4-Us 1. lot's of hype but england really are the stronger side. yes the usa are better and will continue to get better but not ready for it yet

blutone3 said:
"And for those of you who are bashing the US team as "twats" and "wanks" grow up and learn a little about US football. It's not the same as it used to be at all. We are a much more organized and skillful squad then we've produced in the past capable of beating SPAIN, which as several have mentioned we're the only ones to have done in the last what is it 40 games now? "

you are and always will be a joke in true football countries,ie; England....
you keep harping on about a bloody friendly that spain werent even the slightest bit interested in you deluded yank!!
waffle on all you like now mate cos you wont be doing it next week,you are there to make the numbers up...soccer?? phwarrrr

Do one yanky boy!!!!!

Don't see how we won't win, half our squad plays in the Premier League and the USA's best player plays for Fulham, on paper we should walk this. Stranger things however have happened.

inbetween said:
Don't see how we won't win, half our squad plays in the Premier League and the USA's best player plays for Fulham, on paper we should walk this. Stranger things however have happened.

On paper? let me know the of the first match played on paper!! I am a realist. I dont think we will get anything out of this game. There is a reason we are a 5 1/2 to 1 dog to win and a 3 to 1 dog for even a draw. England has better players-end of but I do think you lot over rate your teams every four years!

warhawkmoski said:
colin's bell helmet said:
who the fuck you worried about? dempsey who can't get in fulhams 1st team or altidore who can't get in hulls? howard isn't a bad keeper but my no means the greatest and the fella who was on loan at everton isn't a bad player but nothing i'm concerned about really. we'll win comfortably imo.

Sorry but you are wrong on multiple accounts. One, Dempsey is a staple in the Fulham 1st team, and only gets dropped when he is injured, he had a lengthy injury towards the end of this season. Howard is one of the best keepers in the world, no doubt about it. Yes Jozy struggled to get into Hull's first team, but he is the same player who made Spain's defense look like Swiss Cheese and there we numerous reports he did not get on with Hull's manager. Add to it Donovan proved he could play at the highest level during his loan spell with Everton. As for Crouch, if people think he is a smart start against us, bring it, Onyewu will just muscle him around all match and render him complete ineffective on set pieces.

With all that said, I fully expect this match to end in a draw as both nations realize they are the class of the group and won't want to risk losing the opening match. They will both be conservative and rely on getting 6 points in the remaining to matches to each end at 7 points and both advance. I'm going 1-1 with goals from Dempsey and Rooney.

Turns out I called it right. 1-1 draw, only got the England goal wrong, called Dempsey for the USA, just missed on Gerrard.

obvious result is obvious.

england are a shit team, and the 'best player in the world' (according to shearer today) was no where to be seen all match. what a joke he is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.