Does anybody else think USA will beat us???

kiam06 said:
M22_blu said:
Don't be silly, average team at best, we'll easily beat the yank twats

Yeah but have you seen England, we are shocking.

No we're not, stop getting on the media bandwagon. We qualified as convincingly as we ever have, Capello has always said dont judge me on friendlies judge me on competitive games, going off that we couldnt have done much better.

For all those slagging of the England team and fans, the difference between England and the other top footballing nations Brazil, Germany, Italy etc. in the last 44 years is this imo. Firstly we've been fucked over a couple of times by dirty underhanded tactics for example Maradona and the hand of god. Secondly in recent times we've been fucked over by petulant RAG twats in the team getting themselves sent of needlessly, Beckham & Rooney. Lastly and probably our biggest down fall in the last 20 years is we can't bleeding win a penalty shoot out.

The main crux of the problem being we just can't win a penalty shoot out. Which will always fucks us as all any team has to do is play for the draw in a knock out phase as they know there going to go through if they can get to penalties. If the England players could somehow sort there bleeding heads out and not let the pressure get to them and score bleeding penalties we would be a genuine contender for the cup.

Thats why every major competition IMO for the last 20 years England fans get all excited myself included. Because we all hope for the same thing that this year we will be able to score bloody penalties and we wont do anything daft and shoot ourselves in the foot. In that respect its very similar to being a city fan being an England fan.

Anyway i've rambled enough about that so i'll go back to the thread topic. I personally think England will have to much for the USA and we should beat them. I think it will be a close game so we wont hammer the USA but i would be surprised if we didn't take all 3 points. To be honest with you since Camel gob got injured and Gerrard was made captain (should of always been him IMO)and SWP was included in the team i personally think England's chances have got a lot better for them getting to a semi final.

Challenger1978 said:
For all those slagging of the England team and fans, the difference between England and the other top footballing nations Brazil, Germany, Italy etc. in the last 44 years is this imo. Firstly we've been fucked over a couple of times by dirty underhanded tactics for example Maradona and the hand of god. Secondly in recent times we've been fucked over by petulant RAG twats in the team getting themselves sent of needlessly, Beckham & Rooney. Lastly and probably our biggest down fall in the last 20 years is we can't bleeding win a penalty shoot out.]

Are you sure we're not just shite?

kiam06 said:
Challenger1978 said:
For all those slagging of the England team and fans, the difference between England and the other top footballing nations Brazil, Germany, Italy etc. in the last 44 years is this imo. Firstly we've been fucked over a couple of times by dirty underhanded tactics for example Maradona and the hand of god. Secondly in recent times we've been fucked over by petulant RAG twats in the team getting themselves sent of needlessly, Beckham & Rooney. Lastly and probably our biggest down fall in the last 20 years is we can't bleeding win a penalty shoot out.]

Are you sure we're not just shite?

Yes i'm sure, we've just got a bad habbit of bottling it at penalties and RAG twats getting themselves sent off. Things that are completely and totaly self inflicted. If we could cut that silly shit out we'd be very similar to Germany and be a team thats always in the mix for a shot at the final.

Challenger1978 said:

Yes i'm sure, we've just got a bad habbit of bottling it at penalties and RAG twats getting themselves sent off. Things that are completely and totaly self inflicted. If we could cut that silly shit out we'd be very similar to Germany and be a team thats always in the mix for a shot at the final.

But keeping calm when under pressure is part of being a good player/team so really we must be pretty average. Most of the incidents you refer to have been when we have been getting outplayed and frustration has boiled over. If we had the talent and ability to overcome the situations we would but instead we lash out or sky penalties.

England's problem is they do tend to bottle it too many times. We bottle it on penalties, and we always seem to take the lead in the big games then concede stupid goals through lack of concentration and too much sitting back. One thing Capello has done his best to eradicate - though it's yet to be fully solved - is this issue of stepping off the gas and letting the other team come back into games, and then concede stupid goals. If England can really go at the opposition from the first minute, with the intensity of the premiership, and make sure other teams can't play their own style, we can do well (providing their are no penalty shoot outs). Despite all I've written, I still predict a loss on penalties in quarters as per! Typical England aye!

kiam06 said:
Challenger1978 said:

But keeping calm when under pressure is part of being a good player/team so really we must be pretty average. Most of the incidents you refer to have been when we have been getting outplayed and frustration has boiled over. If we had the talent and ability to overcome the situations we would but instead we lash out or sky penalties.

We outplayed Argentina in the game Beckham got sent off with 10 men in fact we should of won as Sol Campbell's goal shouldn't of been disallowed. As for Rooney are you saying he's average ? Because he's far from average, he's just got a very nasty streak running through him as thats the type of player he is. Also your comment about penalties is nonsense to. As those same players score penalties week in week out in the Premiership and Champions league against top opposistion.

Challenger1978 said:
kiam06 said:

We outplayed Argentina in the game Beckham got sent off with 10 men in fact we should of won as Sol Campbell's goal shouldn't of been disallowed. As for Rooney are you saying he's average ? Because he's far from average, he's just got a very nasty streak running through him as thats the type of player he is. Also your comment about penalties is nonsense to. As those same players score penalties week in week out in the Premiership and Champions league against top opposistion.

I think you are wearing your England glasses there mate, we didn't outplay them we matched them and eventually LOST so stop making excuses for us not being good enough. Technically we are not up to the standards of Argentina, Brazil, Spain et al.

Challenger1978 said:
For all those slagging of the England team and fans, the difference between England and the other top footballing nations Brazil, Germany, Italy etc. in the last 44 years is this imo. Firstly we've been fucked over a couple of times by dirty underhanded tactics for example Maradona and the hand of god. Secondly in recent times we've been fucked over by petulant RAG twats in the team getting themselves sent of needlessly, Beckham & Rooney. Lastly and probably our biggest down fall in the last 20 years is we can't bleeding win a penalty shoot out.

The main crux of the problem being we just can't win a penalty shoot out. Which will always fucks us as all any team has to do is play for the draw in a knock out phase as they know there going to go through if they can get to penalties. If the England players could somehow sort there bleeding heads out and not let the pressure get to them and score bleeding penalties we would be a genuine contender for the cup.

Thats why every major competition IMO for the last 20 years England fans get all excited myself included. Because we all hope for the same thing that this year we will be able to score bloody penalties and we wont do anything daft and shoot ourselves in the foot. In that respect its very similar to being a city fan being an England fan.

Anyway i've rambled enough about that so i'll go back to the thread topic. I personally think England will have to much for the USA and we should beat them. I think it will be a close game so we wont hammer the USA but i would be surprised if we didn't take all 3 points. To be honest with you since Camel gob got injured and Gerrard was made captain (should of always been him IMO)and SWP was included in the team i personally think England's chances have got a lot better for them getting to a semi final.

That's a good post.

We've also had some questionable managers, some key injuries and had to sometimes play in conditions that we are just not used to.

One day we'll get it right. This is a good England team and the manager seems to know what he's doing.

The injury situation is pretty good and the climate right.

I don't think we are the best team in the world but to call us "shite" is just pure ignorance. We've a chance if luck goes with us for once.

USA are more than capable of beating England on there day, They have a few players than can trouble England, But I think England will just edge it 2-1.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.