Does anybody else think USA will beat us???

Didsbury Dave said:
Challenger1978 said:
For all those slagging of the England team and fans, the difference between England and the other top footballing nations Brazil, Germany, Italy etc. in the last 44 years is this imo. Firstly we've been fucked over a couple of times by dirty underhanded tactics for example Maradona and the hand of god. Secondly in recent times we've been fucked over by petulant RAG twats in the team getting themselves sent of needlessly, Beckham & Rooney. Lastly and probably our biggest down fall in the last 20 years is we can't bleeding win a penalty shoot out.

The main crux of the problem being we just can't win a penalty shoot out. Which will always fucks us as all any team has to do is play for the draw in a knock out phase as they know there going to go through if they can get to penalties. If the England players could somehow sort there bleeding heads out and not let the pressure get to them and score bleeding penalties we would be a genuine contender for the cup.

Thats why every major competition IMO for the last 20 years England fans get all excited myself included. Because we all hope for the same thing that this year we will be able to score bloody penalties and we wont do anything daft and shoot ourselves in the foot. In that respect its very similar to being a city fan being an England fan.

Anyway i've rambled enough about that so i'll go back to the thread topic. I personally think England will have to much for the USA and we should beat them. I think it will be a close game so we wont hammer the USA but i would be surprised if we didn't take all 3 points. To be honest with you since Camel gob got injured and Gerrard was made captain (should of always been him IMO)and SWP was included in the team i personally think England's chances have got a lot better for them getting to a semi final.

That's a good post.

We've also had some questionable managers, some key injuries and had to sometimes play in conditions that we are just not used to.

One day we'll get it right. This is a good England team and the manager seems to know what he's doing.

The injury situation is pretty good and the climate right.

I don't think we are the best team in the world but to call us "shite" is just pure ignorance. We've a chance if luck goes with us for once.

I'm sorry Dave but I haven't been impressed by an England performance for years, I honestly do think they are shite. I hope I am proved wrong during this tournament and I will come on here and eat my humble pie.

think it will be a tough match, there are no easy matches in the WC, hopefully we will just edge it

kiam06 said:
Challenger1978 said:
We outplayed Argentina in the game Beckham got sent off with 10 men in fact we should of won as Sol Campbell's goal shouldn't of been disallowed. As for Rooney are you saying he's average ? Because he's far from average, he's just got a very nasty streak running through him as thats the type of player he is. Also your comment about penalties is nonsense to. As those same players score penalties week in week out in the Premiership and Champions league against top opposistion.

I think you are wearing your England glasses there mate, we didn't outplay them we matched them and eventually LOST so stop making excuses for us not being good enough. Technically we are not up to the standards of Argentina, Brazil, Spain et al.
I don't think we've been outplayed in any of our tournament exits.

Brazil in 2002 maybe, but we had injury problems and it was over 100 degrees.

Both semis against Germany we were very unlucky and missed key chances to win.

Portugal the other year we played heroically with 10 men.

Argentina we should have won as challenger says.

One time it will all come right for us. Maybe this time.

We're not a bad team, everyone in world football knows we have some world class players. Not one of the favourites will want to draw us.

I hope you are right Dave but I have seen us being technically outclassed on numerous occasions, our hard work and effort has kept us in games but still we have come up short where it counts, with the ball.

Didsbury Dave said:
kiam06 said:
I think you are wearing your England glasses there mate, we didn't outplay them we matched them and eventually LOST so stop making excuses for us not being good enough. Technically we are not up to the standards of Argentina, Brazil, Spain et al.

We're not a bad team, everyone in world football knows we have some world class players. Not one of the favourites will want to draw us.

I just want to mention something about that Brazil game. For me up until Ronaldinho scored England was playing some of the best football i've ever seen from any team in my life time (31). In fact there was one point in that match were England made say 15+ pinpoint perfect passes some of them on the volley. That ended up with a volleyed shot on goal that didn't go in.

If that had of gone in though it would of been lauded as one of the greatest team goals of all time on par with that one from Brazil in 1970 world cup because the build up play was unbelievable. Its just a bleeding crying shame that in the second half we couldn't match our first half performance as arse really did fall out of it.

I don't remember the move, Challenger, but I remember it was early afternoon and absolutely ridiculously hot.

We withered in the heat.

Excuses...maybe, but I can't remember us being outclassed in a major tournament for a long long time.

Challenger1978 said:
Didsbury Dave said:

I just want to mention something about that Brazil game. For me up until Ronaldinho scored England was playing some of the best football i've ever seen from any team in my life time (31). In fact there was one point in that match were England made say 15+ pinpoint perfect passes some of them on the volley. That ended up with a volleyed shot on goal that didn't go in.

If that had of gone in though it would of been lauded as one of the greatest team goals of all time on par with that one from Brazil in 1970 world cup because the build up play was unbelievable. Its just a bleeding crying shame that in the second half we couldn't match our first half performance as arse really did fall out of it.

I do remember that move. It was, as Alan Partridge would say, liquid football.

However, Brazil played all but 7 or so minutes of that second half with 10 men and, heat or no heat, England should really have made that extra man pay much more than they did.

Will England be playing with two upfront or Shrek by his lonesome??

One could ask the question how good could you be if Emile Heskey is on your World Cup squad?? Emile Heskey FFS!!!

I really dont think Bradley should play Gooch in the middle of defense. I mean the guy hasnt played in a competitive match for ages. Thats our achilles heel-our defense. I would be happy if we got out of the group. Whatever happens after that, its gravy.

Thats one great thing about a tournament like this i.e. success is measured differently by each nation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.