Does anyone else feel like this?

Just leaving anfield now feel rather deflated not with the football but with what I am now witnessing and have been for a while people I know who have followed city for years couldn’t get a ticket today yet I witnessed empty seats
Probably because these football sites couldn’t sell them on at inflated prices, tourists taking selfies all game which will only get worse and police treating us as scum. 1973 was my first game and I think this season will be my last can’t stomach it anymore it’s becoming a piss take now, I will always love the club but it’s becoming less attractive every week anybody who knows me knows I travel extensively all over Europe and England but I think my time’s coming soon to watch on the Firestick with a brew and sandwiches anyone else feel the same
Sick to the back teeth of winging fuckers who come on here telling us how difficult it is to get away from the Etihad after the game. They've never been anywhere.

Probably been waiting for a thread like this to say my piece , I can totally understand many posts oh here about the distance felt between the club and us , this is not a selfish post or wow is me .My first season ticket was 76-77 pretty much kept it going I’m proud to of done 87 grounds in the uk and 16 in Europe.so I swapped a season card with a mate who wanted to be ina different part of the ground and his was right near my mates so we did. Kept them going for seasons until the amnesty came along so officially changed names the club took all my loyalty points off me so begrudgingly started again. The next thing is ( some might know)
I got ill with Prostate cancer so after getting over that battle ( which I thought I had ) I missed the re-newal date during recovery and they sold my seat after many emails and phone calls they said sorry it’s gone . So going to Ipswich on a Saturday Plymouth three times in a week means nothing . I asked the club to help in my fundraising for PCUK they sent a photo of Kyle Walker with a printed signature. That’s it .
Was on pins watching today watching the team
The team I’ll always love as for the club itself well I don’t know anymore especially after reading on hearing what really goes on to you the fans , supporters.

Up the blues I had to get this off my chest.

Gave it up years ago when prices started to rise. It easily costs £80 a home game now and that’s for the absolute basics of a ticket, fuel, parking etc. you do that x19 home games a year, and the figures start to rise astronomically. Add in cup games, the odd away day, a Wembley Final etc and you are in thousands each year.

The alternative is stay at home, watch the game, switch on when it starts and switch off when it ends. More time with the family, more money for the family and better for everyone involved. If I was a single lad with fuck all responsibility then i would still be going, but life is far more important that attending a football match each or every other weekend.

When you strip football back to the bare essentials, you pay thousands of pounds to go to an event that you can watch for free at home, and the result won’t be altered regardless of whether you attend or not, nor will anyone at the club bat an eye lid if you attend or not, but you still go week in week out - it’s half way their to insanity. I get it to a certain extent, but the argument for not going far outweighs those for going IMO and situation. I don’t earn bad money either, it’s all about perspective and right now for me, I’d rather be with the family to watch us.

Last edited:
Just leaving anfield now feel rather deflated not with the football but with what I am now witnessing and have been for a while people I know who have followed city for years couldn’t get a ticket today yet I witnessed empty seats
Probably because these football sites couldn’t sell them on at inflated prices, tourists taking selfies all game which will only get worse and police treating us as scum. 1973 was my first game and I think this season will be my last can’t stomach it anymore it’s becoming a piss take now, I will always love the club but it’s becoming less attractive every week anybody who knows me knows I travel extensively all over Europe and England but I think my time’s coming soon to watch on the Firestick with a brew and sandwiches anyone else feel the same
Nailed it my friend. Missed out on so many aways this year, compared to previous and I've attended 95% of aways for decades. Only made 5 aways this year, but not high demand as either bog standard opposition or midweek. To be fair, we've been treated like shit for years by the old bill, so that's a given. The only thing that's kept me going is the craic, the old faces, the regulars that identify us as Blue brothers.

Home games look after themselves for me. Friends for life in our little patch around 117 aisle. It will take a cold day in hell for me to give that up, but I've even questioned that recently as the I-pads come out and half n halfers appear in and around us.

The tipping point is around the corner, and if regular Joe's like me and you are thinking this way, then it's looking grim for the future mate.

Having said all that, once you've got out of that shithole and showered off the miseryside filth, you'll probably feel better about things. That place does strange things to Mancunians.

Up the fucking Blues.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.