Does anyone else feel like this?

regardless where they live how did they get 3 tickets for young kids? Forget junior pull throughs as they’d have only been able to get 2
how do you know they’re not season ticket holders? Oh - it’s because they’re Chinese?
Under 4s are free

This is the main point. It’s the club who are to blame. All they care about is making money. It’s not the tourists fault at all.
Yh true biggest game in world football atm do understand neutrals with money of course are going to want to go can’t blame them. Just sad the club are more encouraging it rather than looking out for people who’ve been everywhere supporting us no matter the situation

Just leaving anfield now feel rather deflated not with the football but with what I am now witnessing and have been for a while people I know who have followed city for years couldn’t get a ticket today yet I witnessed empty seats
Probably because these football sites couldn’t sell them on at inflated prices, tourists taking selfies all game which will only get worse and police treating us as scum. 1973 was my first game and I think this season will be my last can’t stomach it anymore it’s becoming a piss take now, I will always love the club but it’s becoming less attractive every week anybody who knows me knows I travel extensively all over Europe and England but I think my time’s coming soon to watch on the Firestick with a brew and sandwiches anyone else feel the same
All of the above plus serious health issues. My last game was the Cup Final v Rags, what better way to go out.

Yh true biggest game in world football atm do understand neutrals with money of course are going to want to go can’t blame them. Just sad the club are more encouraging it rather than looking out for people who’ve been everywhere supporting us no matter the situation
Is it just the club though? I’m sure they are partly to blame but fans must be selling tickets too. There are too many tourists now at the big games for this not to be the case. Someone paying £30 today for that could probably have sold their ticket for £400.

Can empathise with some of the sentiments here. Had a season ticket since 1977/78 - would love my "loyalty" points from Maine Road to be on my tally. From 00s onwards when my wife and I had our kids I couldn't afford Platinum so dropped down the loyalty point pole - I also refuse to pay two tier pricing out of principle.

Remember the Super League analysis lists us as legacy fans - not the type they want filling the ground anymore as we don't buy shirts/stay in hotels for the weekend or pay for corporate.

Best mate is a Red and has been saying the same thing too for years. Fans who live within 5 miles of the ground, arrive just before kick-off, don't buy a prog or any beer in the ground and head home after the game aren't what the money men want.

Been to Anfield a few times over the years including the last 5 either side of Covid but couldn't get a ticket today. Seeing a ton of tourists in our end - they were very easy to spot on camera - is sadly indicative of the modern game and a kick in the pants to loyal Blues who would've loved to have gone today and other games they miss as tickets are funnelled elsewhere.

Make no mistake, when Pep goes and the Haaland celebrity circus departs the desperation for a ticket will drop off a bit and the club will trot out the "fans are everything to us" mantra which we all know is bollocks.

What finished me was the Everton game in May 21 - applied and I didn't even get a response. Mate of a mate (only a member) applied and got 2 tickets. It still pisses me off now after 40 odd years of support that I didn't even merit any brief reply.

Last edited:
Is it just the club though? I’m sure they are partly to blame but fans must be selling tickets too. There are too many tourists now at the big games for this not to be the case. Someone paying £30 today for that could probably have sold their ticket for £400.

No chance in any great numbers. Of course you’re going to get the odd one, but the vast majority of the few hundred blues who got tickets today through points are diehards who’ve been going for decades.

No way they’re selling them on in any great numbers.

Just leaving anfield now feel rather deflated not with the football but with what I am now witnessing and have been for a while people I know who have followed city for years couldn’t get a ticket today yet I witnessed empty seats
Probably because these football sites couldn’t sell them on at inflated prices, tourists taking selfies all game which will only get worse and police treating us as scum. 1973 was my first game and I think this season will be my last can’t stomach it anymore it’s becoming a piss take now, I will always love the club but it’s becoming less attractive every week anybody who knows me knows I travel extensively all over Europe and England but I think my time’s coming soon to watch on the Firestick with a brew and sandwiches anyone else feel the same
I had to stop going a few years back due to health issues, if you are fit and able to go keep going mate because you will miss live football, a firestick doesn't even come close.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.