Does anyone else feel like this?

International PL, & specific club, tourism is growing and only going to get bigger.

Recently returned from South Africa where there is a growing interest in City and football.

Without exception,those that I talked to wanted to come and watch a City game and take in another game or two if possible.

Tourism/Hospitality/Credit Card businesses have always got access to 'premium' events for those prepared to pay and probably have multiple sources of supply.

The club may have little control or influence over who, or how, they obtain them.

Very frustrating,but the result of supply and demand.

Wait until the CL final at Wembley in June....oh my days !!
What you’re saying mainly applies to home games. The club absolutely have control over the vast majority of away tickets being sold. The club are purposely selling on ticket to ticket agencies and corporate clients, which isn’t right.

It’s becoming impossible to get tickets for the bigger games, even for people with the higher points. That isn’t fair or right. We may as well scrap the points system the way it’s going

Well tell the Twat to give the ticket's to the loyal hard core support .
I have run buses everywhere and normally take a coach to Liverpool with 72 on it, I took one today with 35 on it.
They are taking the piss out of the loyalty scheme holders.
How come 35 people who qualified last year didn't this season.
Stop defending the club,they are the cause of our real supporters not being in the ground.

Have you never managed to get a ticket in the home fans end of an away match???

Most fans who go home & away have at some point. I certainly have
You’re completely missing the point. It’s not one or two people, there’s loads of tickets going to people who aren’t city fans or have never been to a city game. Please explain to me how that’s fair? When there’s people with the required points unable to get tickets

Spot on.

I feel like some on here are not making a clear distinction between people who are there to take some selfies, etc., not caring about the team and actual fans from abroad, who often travel thousands of miles to every game/a lot of the games because they have been City fans for years. There are A LOT of those. Myself included.

On top of it, I would say that whereas I have seen some of the "selfie-takers", I have also observed many local fans who show up late, often there to have a shit meal, leave for a pint at 35mins, show up late for the 2nd half, and leave at 80mins. During their time there, they chat with pals around them like it's a pub, discussing what their families are up to, etc., instead of caring about anything going on the pitch. If you ask me, I prefer the so-called tourists. Most of them are there because they love City, support the team, clap the team off, etc.

I do agree that we need to do something about the ticket retailers, though. Selling hundreds of tickets at ridiculous prices, and then often not even selling them at all, not dropping the price, etc.
Great post. a realistic take on the situation.

Why are new supporters being criticised in an entitled way

They stopped selling a parking season ticket at the ground.
But you can still buy a space on a game by game basis if you know you always want one. Just have to be quick off the mark. I’ve always managed to get one in the blue car park

International PL, & specific club, tourism is growing and only going to get bigger.

Recently returned from South Africa where there is a growing interest in City and football.

Without exception,those that I talked to wanted to come and watch a City game and take in another game or two if possible.

Tourism/Hospitality/Credit Card businesses have always got access to 'premium' events for those prepared to pay and probably have multiple sources of supply.

The club may have little control or influence over who, or how, they obtain them.

Very frustrating,but the result of supply and demand.

Wait until the CL final at Wembley in June....oh my days !!
Not a problem grow the brand at home matches.

You’re completely missing the point. It’s not one or two people, there’s loads of tickets going to people who aren’t city fans or have never been to a city game. Please explain to me how that’s fair? When there’s people with the required points unable to get tickets
I can’t because, like you, I don’t know the people who have got the tickets or how they got them and I’m not going to jump on the “blame the club” bandwagon

Well tell the Twat to give the ticket's to the loyal hard core support .
I have run buses everywhere and normally take a coach to Liverpool with 72 on it, I took one today with 35 on it.
They are taking the piss out of the loyalty scheme holders.
How come 35 people who qualified last year didn't this season.
Stop defending the club,they are the cause of our real supporters not being in the ground.
You need to move with the times, offer a tourist trip to awaydays in your bus. 'alf'an'alf scarf on each seat, co-ordinated iPhone torch waving on 73 minutes. Executive waitress service and Thai massage on the return journey.
Shall I be your business manager? Together we'll be billionaires...

I can’t because, like you, I don’t know the people who have got the tickets or how they got them and I’m not going to jump on the “blame the club” bandwagon
It’s not a bandwagon at all. There’s literally rows of tickets going onto ticketing websites, being sold for ridiculous prices. The club are absolutely involved in that and have partnerships with known ticketing companies.

The club also have decreased the away allocation of tickets going to season ticket holders. You don’t have to defend everything the club does. I think it’s a pretty fair thing to say why can’t blues with the required points get tickets for some of our biggest games

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.