Does anyone else feel like this?

Just leaving anfield now feel rather deflated not with the football but with what I am now witnessing and have been for a while people I know who have followed city for years couldn’t get a ticket today yet I witnessed empty seats
Probably because these football sites couldn’t sell them on at inflated prices, tourists taking selfies all game which will only get worse and police treating us as scum. 1973 was my first game and I think this season will be my last can’t stomach it anymore it’s becoming a piss take now, I will always love the club but it’s becoming less attractive every week anybody who knows me knows I travel extensively all over Europe and England but I think my time’s coming soon to watch on the Firestick with a brew and sandwiches anyone else feel the same
Gave up my season ticket in 2019 and only go back now for cup games where the ticket prices are reasonable, can't watch City on the TV with sound as the commentators and pundits make my blood boil, i believe 'greedy bastard' Sturridge is possibly the worst pundit ever to 'grace' our televisions so pleased i didn't listen to him as i'd have kicked the tv in. I absolutely loathe the match day 'experience', i hate the agendas with the media, the ticket prices to name but a few gripes.

I found this on youtube the whole thing and it nearly moved me to tears, great memories and a million miles away from modern day football.

The club could fill that ground with ordinary Mancunians but have deliberately chosen not to it's a farce this modern day football.

Pretty sure I've seen my last game. I was looking at coming over for the Arsenal game, but flights are coming in at over€200, same for hotels (easter weekend, I suppose). So that's €400+ before the cost of the ticket, plus money to buy a couple of lime cordials. I can’t justify spending €500 on a single game. Sad, but that's the harsh economic reality.

The cost of everything linked to leisure and travel being such a rip-off in the UK doesn't only affect football. Must be the highest prices in Europe if not the entire planet.

https://www.livefootballtickets.com/ , https://www.footballticketnet.com/ , https://ticket-compare.com/are just three sites that claim to have tickets available for all our remaining away games including Brighton which doesn't even have a date yet. How the fuck does that even happen. I have said before that in some cases they try and source tickets once they have a buyer but the more tourists we see at games the more it makes you wonder if they have the tickets guaranteed to them by the club.

We are told that for each away game the following groups will receive tickets for this match: Season Ticket Members , Seasonal Hospitality Members, Owner, Board of Directors, Football Management, Players, Club Officials and Staff, Former Players, Club Partners, and the Man City Supporters Club.

According to the OS we have 28 global partners, 10 regional partners, one local partner and six official suppliers. That's 45 club partners but as far as I can see no ticket agencies. We were told that 60% of all tickets were for points holders and I think (I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong) 20% went to SC. 5% of the total allocation went to 18 - 25 group so that leaves just 15% which for Liverpool from the original allocation means just 375 tickets. But we know some of that goes to hospitality and we also know that nowhere near 60% went on sale to points holders which isn't the first time this has happened. We also know that there is a % of junior pull throughs so where are all the tickets going as 85% + some juniors isn't the case.

Anyone from City Matters, OSC or the 1894 care to bring up the issue with the club and report back?

Pretty sure I've seen my last game. I was looking at coming over for the Arsenal game, but flights are coming in at over€200, same for hotels (easter weekend, I suppose). So that's €400+ before the cost of the ticket, plus money to buy a couple of lime cordials. I can’t justify spending €500 on a single game. Sad, but that's the harsh economic reality.
I try to plan my trips back to the UK when we play at home but I can no longer afford to go over for a game.
And I don't miss the match day experience anymore

I’ve Had my season ticket for 22 years . Used to go with my brother, dad , grandad and uncle and my dad used to drive us. They all gave up their tickets due to different circumstances.

I’ve recently had a Child and moved slightly further away. Not really far but by the time I travel from Marple to Manchester. I hate the walk from the station but hate the tram and train services even more.

For a 3pm kick off I Leave the house at 12 and don’t get home til 7/8. I’ve missed the whole day essentially. I also end up spending close to £80 when all said and done.

Ive recently invested £35 in a firestick for every single game for the Season! which has been amazing, I get a few cans, sell my ticket for £40/50 and still get the same buzz and don’t have to deal with the transport bollocks and get my weekends back.

I really don’t know what I’m gonna do next season , the only incentive to keep my season ticket is due to potentially taking my son in a couple of years.
I’ve Had my season ticket for 22 years . Used to go with my brother, dad , grandad and uncle and my dad used to drive us. They all gave up their tickets due to different circumstances.

I’ve recently had a Child and moved slightly further away. Not really far but by the time I travel from Marple to Manchester. I hate the walk from the station but hate the tram and train services even more.

For a 3pm kick off I Leave the house at 12 and don’t get home til 7/8. I’ve missed the whole day essentially. I also end up spending close to £80 when all said and done.

Ive recently invested £35 in a firestick for every single game for the Season! which has been amazing, I get a few cans, sell my ticket for £40/50 and still get the same buzz and don’t have to deal with the transport bollocks and get my weekends back.

I really don’t know what I’m gonna do next season , the only incentive to keep my season ticket is due to potentially taking my son in a couple of years.
Marple Blues run coaches direct to every home game.

Very efficient service & affordable.

Why didn’t the people who are disenfranchised make their tickets available for yesterday’s game?

If you went did you try to get behind the lads for the full 100 minutes?

I grt the frustration about allocations / touts but surely there were enough diehards there to generate a better atmosphere.
I did go, and am a diehard, and I did try to get behind the lads.

But you are correct, it wasn't a great atmosphere in our end and I can't explain why as we've generally been very good this season.

Worth pointing out that there's a very loose correlation between how many points a fan has and the level of their vocal support. The tourist sat next to me at the Derby (who paid £400 for his seat) joined in all the songs in his broken English and did the Poznan, admittedly at my insistence :-), but the majority of veterans around me in 105 rarely get involved with singing.

But you are correct, it wasn't a great atmosphere in our end and I can't explain why as we've generally been very good this season.

Worth pointing out that there's a very loose correlation between how many points a fan has and the level of their vocal support. The tourist sat next to me at the Derby (who paid £400 for his seat) joined in all the songs in his broken English and did the Poznan, admittedly at my insistence :-), but the majority of veterans around me in 105 rarely get involved with singing.
Top post GB62. I’ve had the visiting orientals joining in with the Poznan too. Hopefully it will be rocking at home to Newcastle and Arsenal.

The missing ingredient (from a veterans perspective) is young Mancunians in groups going to the game en masse like us veterans did back in the day. We created the atmosphere. You can’t expect peeps in their 50’s and above to carry on that level of vocal support. The demographic of those following is different. I don’t know if that demographic exists anymore to be honest. What do a group of lads aged 16-22 do these days? They’ve definitely been priced out though even if they do exist.

Don’t worry. Us veterans who buy our season ticket and literally contribute zero else as we refuse to pay ridiculous money for overpriced, bang average food are clinging on with their cold dead fingers. It can’t last.

As brilliant as Guardiola and Klopp have been, both have fallen into the trap of having a pop at the fans. Sorry if I’ve had a busy day and rushed to get to the stadium and don’t shout loud enough before trying to plot a way home through the totally unnecessary motorway access closures and lane reductions.

Perhaps I should take the same performance enhancing drugs Luis Diaz was on yesterday. Rumour is he’s only just dropping pace on his warm down.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.