Does anyone else feel like this?

Unfortunately most sport is becoming just about the money. I have had a season ticket for 10 years, wasn't prepared to pay for platinum and get nowhere near away ticket allocations, unless it's down on the south coast in midweek, with notification a few days before the game.
Fair enough if regulars are all getting the chance to go, but evidently not.
Cheapest ticket at the Wales rugby game yesterday was 85 quid. Hence the stadium was at least a quarter full of french fans. It's the way sport is going in general.

You need to move with the times, offer a tourist trip to awaydays in your bus. 'alf'an'alf scarf on each seat, co-ordinated iPhone torch waving on 73 minutes. Executive waitress service and Thai massage on the return journey.
Shall I be your business manager? Together we'll be billionaires...
He’s already a billionaire.

I’ve Had my season ticket for 22 years . Used to go with my brother, dad , grandad and uncle and my dad used to drive us. They all gave up their tickets due to different circumstances.

I’ve recently had a Child and moved slightly further away. Not really far but by the time I travel from Marple to Manchester. I hate the walk from the station but hate the tram and train services even more.

For a 3pm kick off I Leave the house at 12 and don’t get home til 7/8. I’ve missed the whole day essentially. I also end up spending close to £80 when all said and done.

Ive recently invested £35 in a firestick for every single game for the Season! which has been amazing, I get a few cans, sell my ticket for £40/50 and still get the same buzz and don’t have to deal with the transport bollocks and get my weekends back.

I really don’t know what I’m gonna do next season , the only incentive to keep my season ticket is due to potentially taking my son in a couple of years.
I've had my season ticket for 20 years, I too have recently had a child and I also live in Marple.

Trains to MCR I find are fine. There are two stations we can use and we can also get off at Ashburys on some of them. However, after a game, using the train can be a pain in the arse if you're wanting to get home quickly.

As someone has mentioned, Marple OSC run transport (I've never used them though so can't comment on availability etc) plus I know of a small group of blues that run a 16 seater from the Marple Tavern. PM me if you want me to put you in touch with them.

I'm also happy to offer you a lift to the game now and again. I don't drive on Saturday games though as I go for a few beers in town beforehand but any Sunday games or some midweek I tend to drive. I park near to Ashburys Station and am usually home within an hour of the game finishing. Again, if interested, PM me.

I've had my season ticket for 20 years, I too have recently had a child and I also live in Marple.

Trains to MCR I find are fine. There are two stations we can use and we can also get off at Ashburys on some of them. However, after a game, using the train can be a pain in the arse if you're wanting to get home quickly.

As someone has mentioned, Marple OSC run transport (I've never used them though so can't comment on availability etc) plus I know of a small group of blues that run a 16 seater from the Marple Tavern. PM me if you want me to put you in touch with them.

I'm also happy to offer you a lift to the game now and again. I don't drive on Saturday games though as I go for a few beers in town beforehand but any Sunday games or some midweek I tend to drive. I park near to Ashburys Station and am usually home within an hour of the game finishing. Again, if interested, PM me.

Blimey, Marple Tavern (Otters Pool in old money) brings back a few memories, especially if you remember one of the previous landlords "Taguey" and his 15 minutes of Maine Road fame v Bury in 98
I'm sort-of opposite to you, in that I was born, bred, and educated in Marple, but now live in Hazel Grove after living in Whaley Bridge for almost 40 years.

Strangely, as the crowds were often considerably lower there used to be a Bullocks Coach from Marple to Maine Road that ran for almost 40 years. It picked-up outside the old Nat West Bank on Stockport Road and dropped off at Finglands Garage next to the old Birch Villa on Wilmslow Road.
Ironically, Bullocks don't seem interested now that the crowds have doubled.

I noticed that as well. I wonder what long standing Liverpool fans think about it. The majority of scousers don’t attend games now.

They built an extension and most of it is corporate. Top level football is all about making money now.
A huge majority of immigrants that arrived in 60’s and 70’s became Liverpool fans as they were one of the most prominent/successful clubs at the time.

Those immigrants had kids who also became liverpool fans, as did their kids after that.

Point I’m making is that unless I’ve read it wrong, the implication is those fans in the corner must be tourists or not real fans just because they aren’t white Liverpudlians which couldn’t be further from the truth.

Just reading through pages and would take me ages to reply to posters who I want to reply to, By the way this isn't a dig at anyone it's just a genuine question.

So if you were to give up going to football as in matchdays, Also alot on here "knocking it on the head at the end of the season"...

Is it a case of, Giving up Matchdays only...

OR

Knocking football on the head completely?

Just reading through pages and would take me ages to reply to posters who I want to reply to, By the way this isn't a dig at anyone it's just a genuine question.

So if you were to give up going to football as in matchdays, Also alot on here "knocking it on the head at the end of the season"...

Is it a case of, Giving up Matchdays only...

OR

Knocking football on the head completely?
In my case, I'm falling out of love with the game as a whole. It's not the game I grew up watching back in the 70s and 80s. VAR, playacting from players, media favouritism towards the red tops and constant negativity towards us. It wears you down. Plus, at the very elite level, it's as much a business as it is a sport these days. I will NEVER not love City, though. They were my local club when I was a young 'un growing up on Claremont Road in the 70s. That affinity will never leave me.

In my case, I'm falling out of love with the game as a whole. It's not the game I grew up watching back in the 70s and 80s. VAR, playacting from players, media favouritism towards the red tops and constant negativity towards us. It wears you down. Plus, at the very elite level, it's as much a business as it is a sport these days. I will NEVER not love City, though. They were my local club when I was a young 'un growing up on Claremont Road in the 70s. That affinity will never leave me.
I think this thread should be renamed to - Are You Getting Old?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.