Does anyone over 45 on here still play 5 a side?

Absolutely. I played eleven a side in lancashire leagues till I was about 33/34 and didn’t kick a ball again until about 6 months ago. Back into it now, relatively fit and loving it. Wife not quite as enthusiastic about it :)
My mrs exepts it for what it is
I remember my best mate a few years ago saying his mrs gave him and ultimatum its her or football we both just laughed looked at each other and said easy decision then!:))

My mrs exepts it for what it is
I remember my best mate a few years ago saying his mrs gave him and ultimatum its her or football we both just laughed looked at each other and said easy decision then!:))
Yeah I’m not out on the piss these days like I used to so it’s not a problem really and gets me out of the house doing something that doesn’t involve city or getting pissed.

Yeah I’m not out on the piss these days like I used to so it’s not a problem really and gets me out of the house doing something that doesn’t involve city or getting pissed.
I agree m8 years ago i wonder how the heck i did it.Like you said you tend to look after yourself a bit better the older you get.enjoy it while you can.

Stopped playing 5 a side when I was 44.
Tore my groin over stretching as I nicked the ball past the advancing keeper (wouldn't of minded so much if I'd scored but the ball hit the inside of the post and rebounded back out).
Leg was black n blue for weeks, so I thought it was about time to knock it on the head,
8 years of walking my German Shepherds since keeps me ticking over nicely

I'm 60 tomorrow. I'll be running round Derwentwater first thing to celebrate, then lunch with my family at Armathwaite Hall, near Keswick.

I still organise and play football each week. It is anything from 6 to 11-a-side, depending on numbers. The other lads are in their 20s, 30s, some 40s and one or two 50s. Some of the younger lads are really good players, but I hold my own and can give them a run for their money. I can't match their pace, but I stand off them and make it difficult for them to get a shot in. (I play centre back).

I've had injuries over the years, but nothing serious. Shin splints, Achilles tendonitis etc. But I know why they come, and how to get rid of them. My longest lay off was for knee ligament damage, but that's completely healed. My knees are fine, despite all these years of football, and the last three years running as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.