Does Silva lose the ball?

secondtoughest said:
Who has the highest pass completion rate? 91% is astonishing. Are there Premier League stats anywhere?

91% is extremely high for a player like Silva who tries to play guys in and create offense. He attempts a lot of passes that have a high chance of being turned over simply because his job is to carve up the defense and create scoring opportunities. I guess we could label them "higher risk" passes?

That being said, 91% probably isn't anywhere near highest in the league. This is because of players, such as Barry or de Jong, who play in a much more reserved role and simply distribute the ball to players like Silva. They pass side to side, or backwards, whereas Silva looks forward. Players such as this attempt "lower risk" passes and the better ones probably have 95%+ pass success.

So overall, 91% is certainly astonishing for a player like Silva, but I'd imagine there are players that have a higher pass success rate then him.

yankblue said:
secondtoughest said:
Who has the highest pass completion rate? 91% is astonishing. Are there Premier League stats anywhere?

91% is extremely high for a player like Silva who tries to play guys in and create offense. He attempts a lot of passes that have a high chance of being turned over simply because his job is to carve up the defense and create scoring opportunities. I guess we could label them "higher risk" passes?

That being said, 91% probably isn't anywhere near highest in the league. This is because of players, such as Barry or de Jong, who play in a much more reserved role and simply distribute the ball to players like Silva. They pass side to side, or backwards, whereas Silva looks forward. Players such as this attempt "lower risk" passes and the better ones probably have 95%+ pass success.

So overall, 91% is certainly astonishing for a player like Silva, but I'd imagine there are players that have a higher pass success rate then him.
I agree i'd like to see such stats for xavi, iniesta and fabregas and see how the four compare...

mcfc_bredbury_blue said:
Silva,
Oh David Silva,
Is better than Messi,
Doo doo do do do,
Doo doo do do do, etc.

To the Hearbeat tune

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56TfvcTWGJg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56TfvcTWGJg</a>

What do we reckon lads?

You all think it's shit then?

lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.