Does this thought ever freak you out ?

i don't want anything after life. by the time i'm dead i'll have had enough.

i'm a proper lazy bastard.

The thought freaks me out, relaxes me, makes me feel very lucky, saddens me, makes me insanely jealous and heightens my disgust for religion

It freaks me out as it brings up crazy questions about reality and existence.

It's relaxing in a way. One day I will lie down and drift off into the void. I dunno, there's something comforting about that. (that's assuming I don't die a very painful and traumatic death!)

It makes me realise just how lucky I have been - most don't even get a chance to die.

It saddens me because there are so many amazing things I will miss out on eg. Things like
-the gaining of answers to big questions,
-the gaining of completely new mysteries that we now could probably not even comprehend
-amazing technological advancement, including immortality

It makes me insanely jealous of the unborn who will experience the above.

And it makes me even more disgusted at the pathetic little religions which have retarded advancement (and continue to do so) and withheld amazing benefits from those who toiled in the past, myself and others in the present and those of future generations.

Heavy stuff for a Sunday night!

ElanJo said:
It saddens me because there are so many amazing things I will miss out on eg. Things like
-the gaining of answers to big questions,
-the gaining of completely new mysteries that we now could probably not even comprehend
-amazing technological advancement, including immortality

Ah contrair, fear not ElanJo, for you may already be immortal if the Quantum Theory of Immortality is to be believed ;)

I find this a very intriguing theory, but it quite possibly could be a load of rubbish. I guess you'll know for sure by the time you reach 200 years old or so. It sounds good but I don't have enough faith in it to conduct the Quantum Suicide thought experiment.

The thought of dying (I am in better shape than when I was 30, 44 now) and never seeing my daughter again some times bugs the fuck out of me, its strange & irrational and I actually get quite upset at the thought!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.