Does Yaya still have a role?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The two seasons under Mancini he was fantastic, but then his agent started to play up and it all became very tiresome, It was obvious he still had brilliance but only when he felt like it. If Pep had come in for Mancini instead of Pellegrini, he would have gone then. Great memories from him, but football moves on.

I trust Guardiola but I can't help wanting to see Yaya in his pomp for me the best player I've seen in a City shirt. He has come back this year looking fitter and I hoped that this was a sign that Yaya was going to rediscover his old form.

I hope he still has a part to play this season but that decision lies with Pep who I am sure will make the right call.

I trust Guardiola but I can't help wanting to see Yaya in his pomp for me the best player I've seen in a City shirt. He has come back this year looking fitter and I hoped that this was a sign that Yaya was going to rediscover his old form.

I hope he still has a part to play this season but that decision lies with Pep who I am sure will make the right call.

I agree.

We need him fit and playing in the prem.

My big fear before 13.8.16 - and it hasn't changed is Chelsea. Their new manager is no mug, Hazard seems to have regained his form, they still have money to burn eg Luiz AND most importantly, no European commitments. That is scary.

Plus, with the pressing game that Pep espouses I fear City could run out of steam come April time and that would be a disaster. I was actually surprised we did not keep more back-up players yesterday and name a prem league squad and a champions league 25 with significant differences.

We need players like Yaya and I hope Pep told him that this season he is to concentrate on the PL and forget about Europe, a bit like some players retire from their international teams to save their energies for the club stuff.

Useful to bring on in lower level Cup games or against teams playing with an extremely deep block.

Feel a little sad that Yaya isn't going to play in the Chumps League again and will probably have a very limited presence in the league for his final season with us, he was always one of my favourite players to be honest (alongside Silva and Aguero).

But I trust Pep completely, so bye bye Yaya, it was a true pleasure seeing you in the flesh when you were in your pomp with us.

Agree, settle up and let him leave. I hope Pep had told Yaya this before Wednesday 11pm. If not, that is spiteful.
Of course he has. We've been trying to get rid of Yaya and his wages all summer.

Yaya knows he will lose money if he leaves or asks for a transfer.

He cares more about his pay cheque than his game minutes.

Yaya in his prime wasn't able to play the high intensity Pep game.

Personally on ability I would have selected him over Navas as I don't see what Navas brings that others can't do.

However I don't see what goes on behind the scenes and I have a feeling that the old guard came back this season with the usual "look at how important we are" approach and they have found out that it won't be tolerated.

I would still expect him to play in the League cup and FA cup when the workload gets heavy for the others if we progress.

Is he still training with the first team?

Personally on ability I would have selected him over Navas as I don't see what Navas brings that others can't do.

However I don't see what goes on behind the scenes and I have a feeling that the old guard came back this season with the usual "look at how important we are" approach and they have found out that it won't be tolerated.

I would still expect him to play in the League cup and FA cup when the workload gets heavy for the others if we progress.

Is he still training with the first team?
He is yes.

He is yes.

Then he knows what he has to do to get in the side.

Pep has been ruthless this summer. I feel for a couple of the players but I am happy to see it. We have drifted recently and I have a feeling by the end of his tenure, we will be in a great position squad wise and hopefully will have a few more trophies in the bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.