Dog remedies.

stonerblue said:
buzzer1 said:
Cheers Stoner, good luck man. What happened to yer' dogs leg?

had a fight with a car when she was 6 months old. Didn't bother her one bit but she's knockin on a bit now.

th_slippyinthetackle.jpg

Aww, they're great are'nt they.No matter what mood they're in, if they feel a bit poorly or somert they always give you a warm welcome when you get home after a shit day. It'll be guttin' when i lose the big fella, dread to think really. Soz about the negativity, on the other hand, we are in the Semis, wwoooooohhoooo.

I`d suggest the Glucosamine/Chondroitin too, you could also try adding some oily fish like sardines etc to the diet or some Omega 3,6,9, good luck mate hope it helps him out.

DirtyHarry said:
I`d suggest the Glucosamine/Chondroitin too, you could also try adding some oily fish like sardines etc to the diet or some Omega 3,6,9, good luck mate hope it helps him out.

Cheers 'H', i give him 2 cod liver tabs everyday and at least 3 tins of tuna a week, so with this collar and the kind suggestions that the Bluemooners have posted, that should be enough, it'll be interesting to see the results, here's hoping.

The Cod liver oil`s good Buzzer, I`d keep the tuna purely for it`s protein mate, but not for this particular issue, ie joints, it`s a poor source of Omega fats etc, you can get tinned Sardines, Pilchards which are cheap enough from the Supermarkets, just rinse off the Tomatoe sauce or sunflower oil and jobs a `good un`, you should also see a difference in his coat too as an added benefit.

My cat's now 17. He's not a dog, but he is decrepit. Just so you know.

DirtyHarry said:
The Cod liver oil`s good Buzzer, I`d keep the tuna purely for it`s protein mate, but not for this particular issue, ie joints, it`s a poor source of Omega fats etc, you can get tinned Sardines, Pilchards which are cheap enough from the Supermarkets, just rinse off the Tomatoe sauce or sunflower oil and jobs a `good un`, you should also see a difference in his coat too as an added benefit.

ha ha, cheers 'H', tbh i started giving him the Tuna at first as hes a fussy little git when it comes to dinner time, so i mix it in with his food. I think you can get them Sardines etc from aldi for about 20p, i'll get the Mrs to snag some tomorrow when she gets the other stuff from H and Barrett. Hes a lovely dog and i'll try n get a picci to put on this thread. Nice one 'H'.

Bluebird1 said:
I haven't used one on any of my dogs but I did have a bracelet one for me (I have RSI in my left hand). Unfortunately, it didn't make any difference.

When one of my old dogs had problems with his back legs the Vet recommended Glucosamine Sulphate with Chondroitin tablets, these made a huge difference to him. I bought them from Holland & Barrett and gave them to him every day. We also gave them to my Dad as he had arthritis, they worked for him too lol.
me and my dog are both on these as well as fish oil tablets, shes got arthritis in her wrists and I've got two knackered knees (old footy injuries). I'd reccomend Glucosamine it does seem to help.

charliebigspuds said:
Bluebird1 said:
I haven't used one on any of my dogs but I did have a bracelet one for me (I have RSI in my left hand). Unfortunately, it didn't make any difference.

When one of my old dogs had problems with his back legs the Vet recommended Glucosamine Sulphate with Chondroitin tablets, these made a huge difference to him. I bought them from Holland & Barrett and gave them to him every day. We also gave them to my Dad as he had arthritis, they worked for him too lol.
me and my dog are both on these as well as fish oil tablets, shes got arthritis in her wrists and I've got two knackered knees (old footy injuries). I'd reccomend Glucosamine it does seem to help.

Cheers Charlie, i hadnt heard of this until today, i'll get some into him tomorrow.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.