Dogs..... what is the point of them?

Mad Eyed Screamer

OK, I admit to disliking dogs ever since a police dog bit me at Euston 1983 after the Arsenal game, for no reason than "you must have got too near" said the old bill dog handler as blood trickled from the fang marks of my thigh as seen through my ripped jeans.....
But why do people own dogs? They are a burden, drag you into commitment (how any walks a day? Can't go on holiday abroad or pay a fortune to a kennel) they stink, shit and piss over your lawn. Then there are vet fees.
Now I love animals and as a veggie won't eat them. But dogs? I just don't get them, their purpose and why anyone would have one.

Give me a cat any day.....

Last edited:
They're truly man's best friend. Used to hang abut the periphery of human clans, get tossed scraps and over time we evolved relationships with them, they assisted us in hunting meat

And so on

Clearly you've never experienced the joys off having your elbow all but dislocated having a fully grown Labrador on a leash that knows Wythenshawe Park is minutes away where you will let it off the lead when there's no other dogs... only for loads to appear out of nowhere and you spend 20 minutes trying to call him back but the little shit doesn't listen and you're left to look a right irresponsible tosser or, having to kick grass and leaves over a stinking fresh cable so that you can attempt to roll it out of harms way when you realize you've forgot turd bags but you get witnessed doing so and you look like the scum of the earth

Clearly you've never experienced the joys off having your elbow all but dislocated having a fully grown Labrador on a leash that knows Wythenshawe Park is minutes away where you will let it off the lead when there's no other dogs... only for loads to appear out of nowhere and you spend 20 minutes trying to call him back but the little shit doesn't listen and you're left to look a right irresponsible tosser or, having to kick grass and leaves over a stinking fresh cable so that you can attempt to roll it out of harms way when you realize you've forgot turd bags but you get witnessed doing so and you look like the scum of the earth
My whole point. Thank you. Why would anyone want to go for walkies around Wythenshawe Park (or any park) on a very regular basis and then end up in all sorts of predicaments because of man's supposed best friend?

Dog lovers ask yourself this..... how many documentaries has David Attenborough done on dogs?

And (before I go to bed) women who love dogs I just won't date anymore..... you can't go anywhere without the dog being there, or you can't go out because there's no one to mind the dog..... the couches stink of dogs and the car seats are covered in dog hairs which attach to your clothes like a fly does to shit.
Goodnight all x

You've opened a can of worms here. I hate dogs but I've learnt to be careful with this opinion as dog lovers are fucking mental when you insult their "fur babies".

We lost our dog in February of last year and I was a mess, she was the best friend I ever had. The dog sensed my mood and responded accordingly. If I had a bad day I could count on her jumping up on the couch and putting her head on my lap to comfort me. When I had a good day she'd run and play and do tricks. Going for a walk is good for you as much as them so that's no problem. And as far as the shitting goes, it's a small price to pay for loyal companionship. I can honestly say that that dog never let me down. I don't have a friend or family member I can say that of.

When she was gone I immediately went and picked up a new puppy because a house with a dog is a happy house. I figured I'd take care of a new dog in honor of my buddy. Then eight months later I went to the Humane League to donate money and noticed a shy dog whom they found abandoned around 800 miles from where we live. Down south they just kill them so northern shelters pay to have them driven up here for adoption. I never thought we'd have two dogs but the get along famously. And it makes me feel good to know that I was able to rescue him. He's really relaxed around my wife and he's starting to trust me a little more each day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.