Dominating games/wide open defence

Even the games we win, you see Joe make a decisive worldie save or two at some point. Teams are making too many clear cut chances against us week in week out.

Not even read the rest of this thread, but considering that today we started with Manga and Demichelis tells me that the issues begin and end with player fitness/team selection.

This isn't the first season in which we've had injury and fitness problems. The players we still have available shouldn't be getting cut apart by Bournemouth, Newcastle and lesser so Liverpool.

There's an issue here that we're easy to play against. We don't control games or their tempo - by in large. This is something we've done from circa 2010 but peaked last year, we've gradually became much easier to have a go at since.

EDIT - I should add, before anyone else points out I'm fully aware we won 2 of those games 5-1 and 6-1. The warning signs were there in both though, which is my point.

Why can we not defend anymore?

At the start of the season we looked solid now our defence looks so loose that it couldn't keep control of a wet fart.

That was car crash defending at it's worst last night. Every time the mickeys went forward, they looked dangerous. Lampard said after the game that we miss VK when he's not playing. And he's spot on. Begs the question though; why are we so reliant on one man to organise the defence, and then watch it going tits up when he's not there? That can't be right.

That was car crash defending at it's worst last night. Every time the mickeys went forward, they looked dangerous. Lampard said after the game that we miss VK when he's not playing. And he's spot on. Begs the question though; why are we so reliant on one man to organise the defence, and then watch it going tits up when he's not there? That can't be right.

Can't get my head round it. But we can't rely on Vinnie's fitness to get us over the line so we have a massive problem in my opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.