Don’t worry too much - We’ll be back

Is this the blue tinted glasses hideout?

We are way, way off the levels of previous seasons, we look slow, ponderous and boring.

Motivation, desire, belief, passion a million miles off.

A genuine question, does anyone really enjoy watching this team over the last couple of months?

For me we have evolved from playing swashbuckling attacking football to a ruthless superb machine to a now tepid, monotonous, boring, predictable team playing needless possession football.

And the biggest worry is that several of this team have stopped playing, why is that?

Might just be me but I don’t mind the knicker wetting, over reactions, so & so isn’t good enough and talk of Pep being finished, this normally lights a fire under all our asses! It’s good to talk as they say, to banish the demons, if somebody wants to come on here & vent I’m all for it as long as they leave it here, and turn up to the next match fully behind the lads, let’s not turn into a blue on blue (people handle situations differently) instead harness the disappointment, and channel it towards the giddy rags on Saturday. When you hear people talk of a malaise in our support, it’s because of us constantly winning, consistently performing, there’s a tendency to sit back & think Pep and the players will pull us through eventually, now it’s our turn to pull the players through, to let them know we are with them, win or lose, good or bad performance, no doubt the players owe us one and we have our part to play
Deserves much, much more than a like; and I'm hoping for a re-read by several folks.

I agree the middle is an issue and really needs a refresh. I think the Bernie thing with him being really feel yesterday is more to do with not having laporte or a stones in the back line. Because I don't know if you saw but in that first half of seems to me that united had boxed the lane to rodri off constantly when Ake or akanji was on the ball so Bernie had to come deeper tl play the ball out. I think form of keV and foden has been a worry for me especially Phil. I do see glimpses of pep maybe starting the transition of Phil into midfield ie through the cup games maybe noticing the decline in keV is starting to age.

I do think once we get out best back line it will give the team a bit more confidence. I do think the midfield is lacking a bit of confidence and just needs a little spark. I wouldn't be opposed of jack going in there as an 8 maybe try something different and put Bernie on left wing as he likes to operate swapping with jack when Bernie is further forward anyway.
I wouldn't mind seeing Phil get more of a go through the middle. He's still learning the trade but his energy, pace and skill is needed there. At times we look pedestrian in midfield.

Yeah I noticed what the Rags were doing, cutting off the ball to Rodri and Kev forced Bernardo to pick it up, was clever tactically from them so you have to tip your hat there. It stifled a lot of our quick passing and took Foden completely out of the game. Grealish at 8 is a good shout, he seems to be finally settling in since the World Cup and there's a argument to be made he's looked our most threatening winger/player recently with Mahrez.

If we can just get a run with no defensive injuries as you say it will help. We always seem to have a injury or two there constantly. I thought Lewis may have started yesterday to play his inverted full back role again where he's shone, but that's hindsight now and I don't think Walker & Cancelo did much wrong yesterday and as mentioned earlier that was both of their best performances for some time.

We have the cattle it's just if we can pick ourselves up for the Spurs game and rediscover what makes us so good.

I wouldn't mind seeing Phil get more of a go through the middle. He's still learning the trade but his energy, pace and skill is needed there. At times we look pedestrian in midfield.

Yeah I noticed what the Rags were doing, cutting off the ball to Rodri and Kev forced Bernardo to pick it up, was clever tactically from them so you have to tip your hat there. It stifled a lot of our quick passing and took Foden completely out of the game. Grealish at 8 is a good shout, he seems to be finally settling in since the World Cup and there's a argument to be made he's looked our most threatening winger/player recently with Mahrez.

If we can just get a run with no defensive injuries as you say it will help. We always seem to have a injury or two there constantly. I thought Lewis may have started yesterday to play his inverted full back role again where he's shone, but that's hindsight now and I don't think Walker & Cancelo did much wrong yesterday and as mentioned earlier that was both of their best performances for some time.

We have the cattle it's just if we can pick ourselves up for the Spurs game and rediscover what makes us so good.
I think we will get back to being ourselves hopefully spurs get a result in NLD and we potentially have the opportunity to go into the next week knowing 2 wins takes us top of league with arsenal and United playing eachother .

Id like Phil in midfield too and I think that's where he will end up permanently. I think peps starting to have Phil learn that role noticed that's where he starts in the cup games lately.

I'm glad it's starting to click for jack a bit more.

The one thing I don't agree with pep on is that the world cup hasn't played its part I think it has. I think prior to it especial late October onwards it was about players not wanting to be injured (so probably won't bave put 100 percent in) and post world cup I think where in a summer world cup they have a few weeks to get over the disappointment there back playing straight away.

Is this the blue tinted glasses hideout?

We are way, way off the levels of previous seasons, we look slow, ponderous and boring.

Motivation, desire, belief, passion a million miles off.

A genuine question, does anyone really enjoy watching this team over the last couple of months?

For me we have evolved from playing swashbuckling attacking football to a ruthless superb machine to a now tepid, monotonous, boring, predictable team playing needless possession football.

And the biggest worry is that several of this team have stopped playing, why is that?

I think Pep needs to have a serious re-think because as daft as it seems we wont stay in the top 4 let alone win silverware playing like this.

Is there something going on behind the scenes?
Will Pep even be here if we don`t get out of this.

I think Pep needs to have a serious re-think because as daft as it seems we wont stay in the top 4 let alone win silverware playing like this.

Is there something going on behind the scenes?
Will Pep even be here if we don`t get out of this.
It may well be coincidence but since he signed that extension things have gone wrong.

Maybe he has just seen through a few of the players in terms of hunger and attitude (Foden etc) and is calling them out.

But for me we need major surgery and we could well be in for a couple of mediocre seasons compared to the last decade, let's hope Pep is 100% up for that type of job.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.