Don’t worry too much - We’ll be back

Over the years, loads of teams have won the Champions League while they’ve been inconsistent in the league.

Chelsea have won it twice in the last decade: in 2011-12 they won it while finishing 6th (25 points behind the Prem winners) and in 2020-21 while finishing 4th (19 points behind the Prem winners).

Liverpool won it in 2004-05 when they finished 5th (37 points behind the Prem winners).

The last five times Real Madrid have won the Champions League, they’ve finished 3rd, 2nd, 1st, 3rd, 1st in the league. 3/5 times they didn’t win the league as well.
Take it now if offered -;)

European champions here we come!

We just need to keep Stones Dias and Laporte fit and perfect our new way of playing with Haaland.

We are miles off it this season without Stones Dias and Laporte at the back but it’s not miles off getting right once we do.
United had a shit start to the season, and we are having our spell now in terms of results

That aside, Arsenal are still only 5 points ahead and are yet to feel the pressure

We just need to focus on ourselves and get our game together. We are capable of winning 10 games on the bounce when we are on it, so we need to find that run of form like we have done in previous seasons

Will be difficult, but I don't think this Arsenal or United team are of the same level as the recent Liverpool team, so there's no reason we can't win it again this season

We just need to keep Stones Dias and Laporte fit and perfect our new way of playing with Haaland.

We are miles off it this season without Stones Dias and Laporte at the back but it’s not miles off getting right once we do.

Agree and also people seem to be forgetting that, bar Arsenal in their current form, it's not a particularly strong league this year. I do not think Arsenal will retain their form throughout the second half of the season and if that's the case then there are a number of teams that if they can get their shit in a pile and go on a run will be there or thereabouts. Of those teams we have by far the highest ceiling relative to our current form.

I accept that by Feb 16 we could be well out of it but I think it's a bit premature to be calling it now and i'll still think that even if Thur's result isn't great.

We'll be back, I'm not sure we will this season and might have to have a squad overhaul in the summer and start again next season.
I can actually see this being a trophyless season, zero chance of the champs league we'll be absolutely on our arses before the quarters come round, if we get past Leipzig first.
I just can't see our players raising it to another level at present, we have huge problems and Pep needs to start earning that 13m a year salary and find a solution

Arsenal may well win the league, but they still have a lot of tough matches left to play, and Gabby is hurt. We will see what they are made of tomorrow, I think, at Spurs. Win that and I think they are well on their way to finishing first.

Think it will need a squad overhaul next season. A lot of players to move on and we need to bring in some quality. That may or may not be without Pep depending on his own thoughts. We need to bring in some quality, and get rid of some of this seasons poor quality signings.

Agree and also people seem to be forgetting that, bar Arsenal in their current form, it's not a particularly strong league this year. I do not think Arsenal will retain their form throughout the second half of the season and if that's the case then there are a number of teams that if they can get their shit in a pile and go on a run will be there or thereabouts. Of those teams we have by far the highest ceiling relative to our current form.

I accept that by Feb 16 we could be well out of it but I think it's a bit premature to be calling it now and i'll still think that even if Thur's result isn't great.
Agree up until the last point. Need a positive reaction next couple of games if we want 3 in a row. Not sure if it's there but let's see.

United had a shit start to the season, and we are having our spell now in terms of results

That aside, Arsenal are still only 5 points ahead and are yet to feel the pressure

We just need to focus on ourselves and get our game together. We are capable of winning 10 games on the bounce when we are on it, so we need to find that run of form like we have done in previous seasons

Will be difficult, but I don't think this Arsenal or United team are of the same level as the recent Liverpool team, so there's no reason we can't win it again this season
I like the optimism but we ain't on the same level either as we have been in previous seasons, if offered now I'd take 2nd and the fa cup.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.