Don’t worry too much - We’ll be back

Agree with the OP.

The potential of the team is absolutely huge and it will show in some games. Pretty sure we'll put in some of the best performances of a Pep team ever this season.

But I'm less sure that we'll have the consistency to win the big trophies. Several players are underperforming, e.g. KDB, Foden, Cancelo, maybe Gundo and Bernie as well. Some struggle to stay fit. After 20/21, Walker, Stones and even Dias have missed many games through injury, which is a problem.

Tbh I think more important than team spirit and belief is fan belief and support.

Fed up hearing people claim we're shite or at the end of a cycle of players, or even shittier - they are suddenly lazy, after 1 loss. (Or even a few losses this year)

I think we're 2 or 3 points off where we were last season and looking ok and ready to go into the final crucial part of the session. I don't listen to the negative angry moaners, they just want everyone to come down to their level, and maybe we will, but not blimey yet! Not now, we are on for a prem and CL double still.

OK let's see how long before this thread is called the happy clapper thread.

Agreed.

I've gone over this point before in several other threads so I won't repeat myself for too long, but it's worth remembering that even Ferguson's United had "off seasons" while he worked out something new for the future. They went without any major trophies (not counting the Charity Shield) in the 97/98 season, the 01/02 season, the 04/05 season, and then the 11/12 season. They went three years without the title while Wenger's Invincibles and Mourinho's first Chelsea team ruled the roost. We all remember "Three years of excuses and it's still crap, ta-ra Fergie".

Top teams with top managers always bounce back and so will City and Pep. We've had dry spells (no trophies in the 12/13 season, the 14/15 season, and the 16/17 season), we also went three seasons without winning the title during the Pellegrini/Guardiola handover period. Since Pep took over we seem to operate on a cycle of one off-season (16/17), two years of dominance (17/18 and 18/19), one off-season (19/20), two years of dominance (20/21 and 21/22) and it appears 22/23 is continuing that pattern. Will only start to worry if this carries on next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.