Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
True pal what's the world coming to heartbreaking some of them scenes
Isnt it just. He is playing to his supporters, this is what the knuckle draggers who vote for him want to see and his lack of all morality means he is prepared to let them see it so long as it means they vote him back in so that he expand into building some hotels and flats in parts of the world he otherwise wouldnt be able to do, while representatives of those countries stay in his existing hotels in the US while it is all arranged.

I agree totally it’s a bad thing. 100% sure on that.

But so is letting people scavenge for food. To kill each other to survive in a swamp with pieces of corrugated iron as shelter from the elements.

They are both a shocking violation of people’s human rights. But how can we take the moral high ground against the USA / Trump when we knowingly and willingly allow this to happen on our own doorstep?
We should get our own house in order before we start telling other countries what to do and how to do it.

Should? If comparing A and B, then yes. It might have a value if our government were doing it, but they aren't. We are, and unless someone advocates that the Jungle is a good idea, then it's not a comparison that makes sense. ("Here's an opinion you have and I'm going to compare it to one you don't have")

The US policy has changed to what is happening now independently, and what is happening with the UK/Calais is utterly irrelevant to it.

Isnt it just. He is playing to his supporters, this is what the knuckle draggers who vote for him want to see and his lack of all morality means he is prepared to let them see it so long as it means they vote him back in so that he expand into building some hotels and flats in parts of the world he otherwise wouldnt be able to do, while representatives of those countries stay in his existing hotels in the US while it is all arranged.
They call all these leaders of so called rogue states the biggest threats to world peace no he is the guy is mentally deranged I shudder knowing he's so close to them nuclear buttons

Should? If comparing A and B, then yes. It might have a value if our government were doing it, but they aren't. We are.

However, comparing the two is meaningless. The US policy has changed to what is happening now independently, and what is happening with the UK/Calais is utterly irrelevant to it.

No it’s not.
Human beings are suffering on an unimaginable level in both.

Violating people’s basic human rights is not acceptable at any time for any reason.

It’s just the classic:
Trump = bad
Narrative on this thread.
We need to look closer to home a little before we criticise others.

I had no idea France was considered akin to Guatemala, El Salvador or Honduras, and that gangs were threatening to kill families that didn’t allow them to use their children.

Who knew? We should definitely get some all expenses paid trips thru the Chunnel for everyone in the Calais Camps of that is the case, because political asylum from France is absolutely necessary!

They call all these leaders of so called rogue states the biggest threats to world peace no he is the guy is mentally deranged I shudder knowing he's so close to them nuclear buttons
I dont think he is mentally deranged, he is just a very spiteful and hateful person who will do whatever it takes to expand his business. That is all it is, he isnt interested in govt or running an administration. He is just using the tools and power of state to further his own interests. Supporters and admirers will call it 'ruthless' or similar but that is nonsense. He is a cynical profiteer.

No it’s not.

Violating people’s basic human rights is not acceptable at any time for any reason.

It’s just the classic:
Trump = bad

Who has said violating human rights is acceptable?

The policy has changed in the US. That's come from Washington (or maybe Mar-a-Lago, who knows). That is why Trump is being criticised for it.

To flip it, we should let the US have a pass to abuse people's human rights, because we're a bit crap in certain circumstances too.

Your argument is, in my opinion, the full Emmenthal.

Who has said violating human rights is acceptable?

The policy has changed in the US. That's come from Washington (or maybe Mar-a-Lago, who knows). That is why Trump is being criticised for it.

To flip it, we should let the US have a pass to abuse people's human rights, because we're a bit crap in certain circumstances too.

Your argument is, in my opinion, the full Emmenthal.

That’s fine by me.
Let’s just agree to disagree and move on.

Why don’t you just answer the question I asked?

I did, in the first line

To clarify - both are horrendous conditions. So neither

But do not dress this up as a social service exercise that Trump is doing it for the good of the children or a 'it could be worse' argument - This is an aggressive Trump action to force others' hands. He is using children as a bargaining chip. He is basically kidnapping children for ransom

No it’s not.

It’s just the classic:
Trump = bad

People probably said similar in the 1930s, how did that turn out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.