Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, I don't believe he miscalculated anything because he's never calculated anything.

His 25+ year history as a public figure has demonstrated exhaustively that he doesn't consider the consequences of his actions as a matter of course in any scenario under any circumstance.

It's why his politics are irrelevant -- he's unfit to govern, unfit to lead. Period, end of.

I certainly agree with your last sentence.

I just think he thought he could make friends with Putin by siding with him and everyone would be talking about how great he was for sorting NK, NATO and Putin out and he’d return to the US and get one big pat on the back. That’s how the scenario played out in his tiny brain.

What he’s massively underestimated is how much the US public and even both major political parties, believe in the justice system and intelligence agencies, and its fucked him this week, massively.

He has, in a way, been treasonous in how he’s conducted himself.

I certainly agree with your last sentence.

I just think he thought he could make friends with Putin by siding with him and everyone would be talking about how great he was for sorting NK, NATO and Putin out and he’d return to the US and get one big pat on the back. That’s how the scenario played out in his tiny brain.

What he’s massively underestimated is how much the US public and even both major political parties, believe in the justice system and intelligence agencies, and its fucked him this week, massively.

He has, in a way, been treasonous in how he’s conducted himself.

That's all pretty fair really.

Do you have an opinion on whether Trump is one of the cartel behind him, or whether he's just a puppet of bigger powers?

I don't know. I have guessed that Russia has something on him, and that he's been blackmailed, same as Nixon (i.e. by Howard Hunt), which would make him a puppet. But I have no idea if that's right. I almost don't want to know TBH. I think Trump's basic behavior pattern is a function of never being considered part of a cartel; in his case, the cartel being Manhattan high society :).

The prudent assumption is that the truth is far worse than what we know, and that he will do something far worse than what he has done.

I think -- emphasize "think" -- this latest disaster might be a turning point. It has given those who supported him under party auspices but done so while shifting uncomfortably in their shoes a very convenient excuse to step to the side, and you are seeing some Republicans and conservative commentators do it over here. But the same thing happened when Nixon opened relations with China in 1971, before Watergate was even a thing -- the conservative right viewed it as a national betrayal and many prominent conservatives publicly walked away from him.

This episode is hopefully the beginning of his end, but it might be the end of his beginning.

Last edited:
Do you have an opinion on whether Trump is one of the cartel behind him, or whether he's just a puppet of bigger powers?
I don't know. I have guessed that Russia has something on him, and that he's been blackmailed, same as Nixon (i.e. by Howard Hunt), which would make him a puppet. But I have no idea if that's right. I almost don't want to know TBH. I think Trump's basic behavior pattern is function of never being considered part of a cartel; in his case, the cartel being Manhattan high society :).
I reckon Putin has his hand so far up the fuckers arse that he does the can can if Putin gets a twitch in his pinkie.

I don't know. I have guessed that Russia has something on him, and that he's been blackmailed, same as Nixon (i.e. by Howard Hunt), which would make him a puppet. But I have no idea if that's right. I almost don't want to know TBH. I think Trump's basic behavior pattern is a function of never being considered part of a cartel; in his case, the cartel being Manhattan high society :).

The prudent assumption is that the truth is far worse than what we know, and that he will do something far worse than what he has done.

I think -- emphasize "think" -- this latest disaster might be a turning point. It has given those who supported him under party auspices but done so while shifting uncomfortably in their shoes a very convenient excuse to step to the side, and you are seeing some Republicans and conservative commentators do it over here. But the same thing happened when Nixon opened relations with China in 1971, before Watergate was even a thing -- the conservative right viewed it as a national betrayal and many prominent conservatives publicly walked away from him.

This episode is hopefully the beginning of his end, but it might be the end of his beginning.

I think not wanting to know is wise! Bannon is clearly in it, and Fox run Trump too. It gives the impression that he can be led to do anything, and the puppetmasters are scary people.

In this case, it appears that the Republican heavies have laid down the law that he was wrong and needed to do something; that might penetrate his thick hide (and thin skin). I had the impression that criticising the intelligence agencies is considered unAmerican, but siding with Russia over them is unthinkable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.