Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that is his point, youve missed it. Hes saying that if it winning the popular vote won you the Presidency, then the way they both campaigned would have been different. Because it is how you describe, neither bothered campaigning in those states. But, if it was the popular vote that clinched it, then they would have, because they would have had to.

I get it, I still doubt Trump campaigning in California would give him more votes there or Clinton in red states. I will just agree to disagree.

Jesus what is it with you loons?, both Clinton's and Trump's campaigns were targeted to produce a win under their existing system. I sure under another system both would have altered their approaches to achieve a win.

So yeah Democracy

People wouldn't have voted any differently.

It is democracy. The electoral college makes sure that the whole country is represented rather than just the states with the most people. America is more than the east and west coast

True (and not saying I fully believe this) but it could also be argued that it its the East and West coast that have most of the jobs and make the country the most money - but they have to do what people in Kansas want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.