Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank God that there is some reason and sense that will reign this man in. The court has ruled that "Rather than present evidence to explain the need for the executive order, the government has taken the position that we must not review its decision at all.” I find it incredible that any sane leader would seek to take that view in the first place, how dangerous is that as a viewpoint? To think that the courts have no role as a check on the president speaks volumes about the man. He wants to be an autocrat in a democracy.

It's the exact same "executive privilege" argument Nixon used to try to get the SCOTUS to let him keep the Watergate tapes under subpoena away from the special prosecutor.

Nixon lost 8-0 (Rehnquist recused himself because he had worked in Justice for Nixon). And Burger, Blackmun and Powell -- all of whom Nixon appointed -- ruled against him.

There's a reason he's not appealing this. The smart move is to retrench and recast the executive order. In a stunning turn of events, it appears that this is exactly what he will do. Stunning in that this utter fuckwit is actually doing one smart thing.

I suspect even Trump gets the fact that 8 or 9 goes at getting this past the courts would be embarrassing and that his best bet to save some face is to go back and frame an order that is actually capable of passing legal scrutiny? Well when I say Trump I mean his cabal of advisers - he will be sat in the corner rambling away on Twitter not knowing what is going on in his name.

Since i saw the clip of him saying something mean to his trophy i mean wife i have been watching him,he has no concern for her at all,Obama used to make sure michelle was safe coming down the steps off the plane,the orange **** left her to get out of the car on the other side and walked off to greet the Obama's,the difference in the way him and Barack looks after their wifes is really obvious,i feel for TFL i really do

Fuck me, that handshake with Shinzo Abe.
I watched that through my fingers. Jesus what a socially awkward man he is. Abe rolls his eyes at the end of it and it is priceless. Someone froze it and put it to the music from Curb Your Enthusiasm and I nearly spat my guinness over the keyboard

Since i saw the clip of him saying something mean to his trophy i mean wife i have been watching him,he has no concern for her at all,Obama used to make sure michelle was safe coming down the steps off the plane,the orange **** left her to get out of the car on the other side and walked off to greet the Obama's,the difference in the way him and Barack looks after their wifes is really obvious,i feel for TFL i really do
I bet he shows her a good time in bed though ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.