Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Donald Trump has declared NATO is "no longer obsolete", saying he was committed to the military alliance.

Shortly before taking office in January, Mr Trump questioned its relevance, saying the organisation, established after World War Two, was "obsolete because it was designed many, many years ago".

And "the (member) countries aren't paying what they're supposed to pay", he said.

But now the President has made a U-turn, describing the alliance as a "bulwark of international peace and security".

He has again called on alliance members to spend 2% of their GDP on defence within a decade, saying they "must pay what they owe".

Mr Trump said: "The secretary general and I had a productive discussion about what more NATO can do in the fight against terrorism.

"I complained about that a longer time ago and they made a change and now they do fight terrorism.

"I said it was obsolete, it's no longer obsolete."

http://news.sky.com/story/president...s-he-declares-commitment-to-alliance-10834934

Is anyone keeping count of all these U turns

That is not a u-turn in my book, he was pissed off the USA was shoving most resources in and others dragged their feet. It was designed to put a rocket up NATO's arse imo.

More progress with him though I suppose, at least the NATO penny has dropped with him. I think Tillerson may actually be a positive influence on Drumpf. He has said relations with Russia may be an all time low. This is a reflection of the bubble the man lives in; what he means is relations with Russia at an all time low as far as he is concerned. I think he will find the Cuban missile crisis will always be the all the time low, what with the world being on the edge of destruction and all. But still, at least it seems he is finally 'getting it' or he is getting some proper counsel now that he has seen what a nutter Bannon is.

More progress with him though I suppose, at least the NATO penny has dropped with him. I think Tillerson may actually be a positive influence on Drumpf. He has said relations with Russia may be an all time low. This is a reflection of the bubble the man lives in; what he means is relations with Russia at an all time low as far as he is concerned. I think he will find the Cuban missile crisis will always be the all the time low, what with the world being on the edge of destruction and all. But still, at least it seems he is finally 'getting it' or he is getting some proper counsel now that he has seen what a nutter Bannon is.
Things were pretty hairy around the shooting down of Korean Airlines 007 too.

That is not a u-turn in my book, he was pissed off the USA was shoving most resources in and others dragged their feet. It was designed to put a rocket up NATO's arse imo.

So they should put most in. Mostly them going round bombing every fucker or poking their nose in.

Sean Spicer just said "even Hitler didn't sink to using chemical weapons". Staggering ignorance.

Whilst a stupid and ill thought out thing to say democratic Chris Matthews said almost word for word the same thing in 2013, yet he wasn't called out by the press for it

To me its a blatant U-Turn, He poked the russians with those misslies and now all of a sudden "Nato isn't obsolete".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.