Donald Trump

It has to be a symptom of lead poisoning or something. This isn’t standard human behaviour. These people are not normal.

I believe we should show this to kids in schools as a cautionary lesson on the dangers of not thinking critically. Critical thinking is probably the most important skill one can learn and so many never have any formal education in it because those skills aren’t generally taught until you get to university level. Which is why some conservatives associate universities with brainwashing - because ironically, that’s usually people’s first engagement with challenging ideas until the best ones win. The conservative position doesn’t always correlate well with the best ideas.

It has to be a symptom of lead poisoning or something. This isn’t standard human behaviour. These people are not normal.

I believe we should show this to kids in schools as a cautionary lesson on the dangers of not thinking critically. Critical thinking is probably the most important skill one can learn and so many never have any formal education in it because those skills aren’t generally taught until you get to university level. Which is why some conservatives associate universities with brainwashing - because ironically, that’s usually people’s first engagement with challenging ideas until the best ones win. The conservative position doesn’t always correlate well with the best ideas.

But they do have critical thinking. They had reasonable counterarguments to defend Trump (flat foot, my father had affairs), they are just choosing to be hypocrites because Trump upholds their obnoxious world views and is their "team". Same as the agenda-ists or almost all blues complaining about reasonable decisions made in favour of the rags.

I'd be interested in the outtakes from the people who rumbled them. But generally with these vox pop type questionnaires, the people that are most interesting are those who say outlandish and even outrageous things.

It's probably not normal to speak to journalists and say something that might land you in hot water or attract extra attention for no obvious benefit.

But they do have critical thinking. They had reasonable counterarguments to defend Trump (flat foot, my father had affairs), they are just choosing to be hypocrites because Trump upholds their obnoxious world views and is their "team".
I think ‘reasonable’ is stretching it. ‘Barely arguable’ might (very generously) just about cover it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.