Donald Trump

Realistically how do you think the war ends ?
You want me to speculate in a fashion that is realistic, withought defining what realistic is. When speculation is involved, realism is to each ones impression only, never a fact.

One thing however upon which i have speculated hard since the start of the war, was that the more time would go on the more drone warfare would become prominent, to the point that it would more and more redefine modern war. From my own professional background i am acutely aware how in recent decades the mass production of cheap components that fit such end products have risen. hence i can speak with some knowledge of facts that drone production is notably of a kind where it is not so hard to reach production orders of ... millions!

There is a potential fair amount of paradigm shift that this might cause. When one thinks of a future of drone warfare to the greatest extend it could happen, then one would immagine that the most important metrics to victory are such things like technological advancement and industrial capacity. The paradigm shift is that this takes away from the importance of being superior in terms of manpower for example. Indeed, it must be extremely demoralizing for soldiers to fight nothing but drones, even if you kill it its just a cheap product noone cries, if you loose you die. There is much to say about all the features of this paradigm shift, another part besides is just that drones are very cheap which shows in the production volumes they are made, few weapons of war are indeed ever made in such proportions other than rifles and ammunition but it has shown that indeed it can defeat pretty much anything under good conditions and often its just a matter to swarm and take a 33% succes rate as "simply a succes". Perhaps Ai can be involved with it, perhaps miniaturizitaion can makes these things yet even more scary than they are, the potential power of drone warfare has indeed many scary elements to it too, immagine its use within the wrong hands.

Ukraine has said .. "claimed" that they can already produce more than a million "drones" a year, and are upscaling that production to many millions. i do not have reason to disbelieve that such a thing is possible, not at all. I do think that whoever gets a very large quantitive and/or technological drone advantage can win the war irrespective of who has more tanks or soldiers or rockets or planes, mostly because the production volumes are quite stacked against such conventional weapons.

That really puts my perspective that "on the longer term, anything can happen", the longer this war takes. it's not unreasonable to think that the west might provide Ukraine with a lot of industrial help too as to upscale production, much that you might think that perhaps they are not "doing enough". Given that within the west lies the industries that do the crucial mass production of o so many components, the kind of "cheap diplomatic trick" as to give aid and not be so associated with it would be that all the Ukrainians have to do is mount said components in a drone assembly and off it goes. By the millions yes. And what design? Well that might evolve a lot and/or fast too, so lots of possible outcomes there too.

Thus, it is too hard to tell, the way i see it and especially given that it is a long war and one that is currently moving very few it can still go every way, i do think superiority in drone warfare might be key in victory and i do think Ukraine has a fair chance to attain that dominance too.

All very well, but has he been found guilty of child rape, it is inconceivable and against the laws of the United State that he could run for the office of president.

It's not. There are no laws banning convicted felons from running for president or serving as president.

Trump MAGA fans would still vote for Trump if it was their kids that he abused. It's not inconceivable that they'd still vote for him.

This is from the BBC after he was convicted in the hush money case.

Can he still run for president?​

Yes. The US Constitution sets out relatively few eligibility requirements for presidential candidates: they must be at least 35, be a “natural born” US citizen and have lived in the US for at least 14 years. There are no rules blocking candidates with criminal records.

The coup attempt is still going on. Trump appointed 'election officials' in some states will be standing by drop boxes and in polling stations to make sure people vote the right way.
This is undoubtedly garbage, they will be monitoring that no electoral fraud is going on, also happens in in the UK, all parties are allowed to watch the count. Years of the nonsense we as a club have had to put up with have made me wise up and see through bullshit like this about everything i read online.

It's not. There are no laws banning convicted felons from running for president or serving as president.

Trump MAGA fans would still vote for Trump if it was their kids that he abused. It's not inconceivable that they'd still vote for him.

This is from the BBC after he was convicted in the hush money case.

Can he still run for president?​

Yes. The US Constitution sets out relatively few eligibility requirements for presidential candidates: they must be at least 35, be a “natural born” US citizen and have lived in the US for at least 14 years. There are no rules blocking candidates with criminal records.
Again, he has not been found guilty of raping children, he would almost certainly not get the nominee for Republican presidential candidate, he would be unelectable, i loathe the narcissistic buffoon, however the past ten years of the garbage we have had to put up with as a club, have fine tuned my radar for bullshit.

Again, he has not been found guilty of raping children, he would almost certainly not get the nominee for Republican presidential candidate, he would be unelectable, i loathe the narcissistic buffoon, however the past ten years of the garbage we have had to put up with as a club, have fine tuned my radar for bullshit.

You aren't even talking about Trump at this point. If you have to frame every response through Sky Blue specs maybe you have lost your objectivity.

Take them off and maybe you can see things differently.

You aren't even talking about Trump at this point. If you have to frame every response through Sky Blue specs maybe you have lost your objectivity.

Take them off and maybe you can see things differently.
I was drawing an analogy (correctly in my view) remind me again how many times has Trump been found guilty of child abuse?

This is undoubtedly garbage, they will be monitoring that no electoral fraud is going on, also happens in in the UK, all parties are allowed to watch the count. Years of the nonsense we as a club have had to put up with have made me wise up and see through bullshit like this about everything i read online.

To be fair, the institutions of the US at this point look mightely weak. The Onus is not "only" on trump though, we didnt get here withought decades of manipulation by both parties in in a form of power struggle against eachother that kept testing the limits and has made somewhat common that which should not ever have corrupted the system. gerrymandering is just an example, one where both parties are just kinda tearing down the rules for their own gain when they can. Trump deffinatly is a new extreme though, in fact very notably in redefining what laws even apply to him personally, just to try put every part of the system to his control by all the means he can invent. Hell if he could find dirt on any of his opponents he'd likely blackmail them than adressing it by any legal fashion heh.

Just to say, the fact that even Trump can go so far, is indicative of the weakness of such institutions like say the supreme court, atleast in what you think they ought to do or represent.

Its not that everything about it is all so new, America had weak institutions for a number of periods trough history, the amount of utter garbage decisions made prior and after the ACW from among others the Supreme court are pretty baffling to if you read on them and what they caused. The whole thing is in many ways also analogous to how the triumvers for example destroyed the inner workings of the Roman republic, which much that it was something that kinda deerved to die also speaks for "the methodology of gaining power". Undermining institutions and redefining or reshaping them is part of it.

What is more different in these last decades is the way media power is utilized and controlled and the effect it has. The role of just a single man called Ruport Murdoch, former CEO of Fox, into creating a volatile poppulist envriroment that can be used for the likes of such ambitious men is perhaps not to underestimated. No wonder that one of Trumps most early schtiks was "fake news", as a means even to drive people into a more censored echo chamber where white can be claimed to be black and Trump is the infallible hero against unquestionable evil if not "godlike" to boot, and everyone who says otherwise is part of the plot agaisnt him. To create a army of non-questioning die hard loyal followers, who are "angry beyond believe". With even people like Musk taking a stake in that game of controling the media and setting it to obvious use of propaganda under a rather cynical banner of "free speech". Trump in fact has been so empowered by media that he's well beyond the control of the GOP, it has surprised even them, its almost like fox news is actually one of the largest parties in the US.

We might need to rethink media, and what it requires to foster a society where political debate is done by people who are more politically concious and responsable, and who for that purpose recognise that we require media that is about factual news, not about false spinning narratives that can go so far as to cause turmoil in society purely on the instigation of some geriatric Australian who holds bondlike-villan sort of schemes. A daunting challenge, one we seem to be loosing for lack of being able to correctly measure the threat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.