Donald Trump

The question doesn’t upset anyone. The premise just perplexes some of us, as it seems quite problematic on the face of it. And you haven’t been asked to justify the question, just to explain the premise. And, in turn, we have tried to explain why it is faulty (any perceived grievances people may have are completely separate from the question of whether their behaviour is rational and reasonable), in the same way someone can be justifiably angry and still in the wrong to physically assault someone.

I will say your example percentages are quite interesting, though, given how wildly divergent they are from any actual voting percentages that have occurred when Trump has been involved (particularly when you consider both Clinton and Biden got more votes than Trump in 2016 and 2020). It is intriguing you assigned 75% to Trump, when he has never gotten about 47%.

But, beyond all that, this disagreement seems to mostly come down to a difference in defining what is and isn’t rational and reasonable behaviour based on the parsing we have already done.

You have said you think Germans supporting Hitler through his rise to power and all the way through the war represented rational and reasonable behaviour, so you are likely to think people supporting Trump now is completely rational and reasonable, as well.

Whereas I (and others) do not.

I do wonder if there is any answer other than the one that satisfies the premise of your question that you would accept as valid?

We are just skirting round the point so we should probably leave it.

But for the record:

The 75% wasn't the percentage of the voting electorate that voted for Trump. It was an estimate, plucked out of my arse, that didn't vote against him, given a turnout (also plucked out if my arse) of around 50%. I assume you think people who didn't vote against him are also unreasonable, irrational, stupid confused people? Apologies if you don't think that.

I didn't say the German people's behaviour in the 1930s and 1940s was reasonable and rational, I said I don't believe that they were reasonable and rational people before the 1930s, that they were unreasonable, irrational, confused stupid people for a decade and then they were reasonable and rational again after the war.

As for an answer, @FogBlueInSanFran gave me a perfectly acceptable answer that the MAGA crowd have grievances, some of them valid and some of them (in his opinion, at least) not valid. That introduced the tiny degree of uncertainty that I was looking for to counter the certainty over the electorate's reason and rationality.

Anyway, I am done with this. I know you always like to be right, so you can have the last word.

Dax, just curious, are you a married man and if so, how does your wife feel about this weird Right Wing anti women’s rights thing. Not prying on your personal life, don’t care, just curious.
You mean being anti-abortion?

Trump is a **** and Vance seems a dope but since I've had kids myself I do believe that people with kids should have a little more say than those without and that the voting age should be higher instead of lower.

If twas me I'd weight votes somehow based on your dependency on the state of the society you live in. For example, if you emigrate you have less say than if you stick it out at home, etc. Like City's points system.

Also cats are evil cunts!

The sad thing is, Vance isn’t a dope at all.

He’s a very intelligent well read guy with an interesting backstory. He’s either been brainwashed or knows full well he’s talking a load of shite just to play for an audience.

Either way this path he’s taken is very sad.

Trump is a **** and Vance seems a dope but since I've had kids myself I do believe that people with kids should have a little more say than those without and that the voting age should be higher instead of lower.

If twas me I'd weight votes somehow based on your dependency on the state of the society you live in. For example, if you emigrate you have less say than if you stick it out at home, etc. Like City's points system.

Also cats are evil cunts!
JD is that you?

The sad thing is, Vance isn’t a dope at all.

He’s a very intelligent well read guy with an interesting backstory. He’s either been brainwashed or knows full well he’s talking a load of shite just to play for an audience.

Either way this path he’s taken is very sad.
Or, let me just throw this out for size, he is an intelligent man that came to different conclusions than the ones you came to....

Read that back to yourself slowly. Does it sound any more mental now than it did when you typed it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.