Donald Trump

Sadly, even the ones who believe in dinosaurs also believe white men ride around on them!

Can’t fix stupid, no matter how hard you try to hide it in your ideological buffoonery!
Of course it was white males who rode dinosaurs. Who could possibly think otherwise :-)

As for fixing stupid... I'm not so sure that stupidity factors into this.

If I were raised as part of an evangelical family... would I have been able to spot the logical fallacies in the evangelical belief system - and, as an adult, come to reject their ideology?

I'd like to think so - but I'm the valedictorian of my high school class, a college graduate, and successful software engineer. My father was a PhD mathematician. In short - I like to think that I'm about as smart as the "average bear." :-)

But for those less-loving of math and science... would these folk have a good chance to reject evangelical dogma upon reaching adulthood?

I don't think it's a matter of stupidity - it's down to the ability to somehow overcome indoctrination.

I believe that if we want to maintain the EC
The EC is totally fucked up three ways from Sunday. Unfortunately, it's in our constitution and we're stuck with it. The best we can do is to make the EC essentially irrelevant along the lines of the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact.

At the same time, such a compact is a pipe dream - whichever side - Republican or Democrat - believes that such a compact is against their interest - will back out of such an agreement at the first opportunity.

Which means that the popular vote will likely never be determinative when deciding who our President is.

Of course it was white males who rode dinosaurs. Who could possibly think otherwise :-)

As for fixing stupid... I'm not so sure that stupidity factors into this.

If I were raised as part of an evangelical family... would I have been able to spot the logical fallacies in the evangelical belief system - and, as an adult, come to reject their ideology?

I'd like to think so - but I'm the valedictorian of my high school class, a college graduate, and successful software engineer. My father was a PhD mathematician. In short - I like to think that I'm about as smart as the "average bear." :-)

But for those less-loving of math and science... would these folk have a good chance to reject evangelical dogma upon reaching adulthood?

I don't think it's a matter of stupidity - it's down to the ability to somehow overcome indoctrination.
Dear Yogi,

Bring a reader OUTSIDE one’s religious indoctrination is incumbent upon any sentient, semi-educated person. Therefore, it should be possible.

However, if you are saying religion and religious dogma and indoctrination is a removal of free will and a form of mind control, then we should probably get rid of it, no?

All in favor say “Aye”
The “Ayes” have it.
Passed.

Boo Boo

Dear Yogi,

Bring a reader OUTSIDE one’s religious indoctrination is incumbent upon any sentient, semi-educated person. Therefore, it should be possible.

However, if you are saying religion and religious dogma and indoctrination is a removal of free will and a form of mind control, then we should probably get rid of it, no?

All in favor say “Aye”
The “Ayes” have it.
Passed.

Boo Boo
I'm saying precisely this - a child brought up in a strict religious society is nearly certain to have the beliefs he or she was brought up with as an adulthood.

Outlaw religion? - Not happening.

The gaslighting is Olympic Gold Medal, World Cup Winner quality, isn’t it?

He didn’t do ANY of the things he says he now wants to do in his first term and there was nothing “record” about inflation and it’s back BELOW historic norms, the economy is so strong the Fed refuses to lower rates because they’re afraid it will reignite inflation, the Afghan pull out problems were caused by Trump in a fit of pique and would have been even worse had we evacuated on his timetable (we asked for and got an extension under Biden), and it is TRUMP who is crooked, not BIDEN!

And yet the cult gulps and gulps and gulps the jizz of this snake oil salesman! UFB!

I'm saying precisely this - a child brought up in a strict religious society is nearly certain to have the beliefs he or she was brought up with as an adulthood.

Outlaw religion? - Not happening.
I don’t disagree. I’m merely pointing out it is mind control, but can be overcome by reading a book that doesn’t start with “In the beginning God created…”

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.