Don't Bang the Drum.

Massive no to drums. Look what's happened to England games with those cnuts playing the music from the Great Escape non stop, it's absolute shite. I'm sure they have a drummer at Blackburn & their atmosphere isn't exacly amazing is it?

If someone with a megaphone directed me to sing I would tell them to do one.

Pile of shit idea, it's not that hard to get songs going without either a drum or megaphone!

Juan King said:
Massive no to drums. Look what's happened to England games with those cnuts playing the music from the Great Escape non stop, it's absolute shite. I'm sure they have a drummer at Blackburn & their atmosphere isn't exacly amazing is it?

Pile of shit idea, it's not that hard to get songs going without either a drum or megaphone!
spot on mate them cnuts playing shit at england games puts me off watchin them if some twat with a drum turns up at city and makes it a habbit he will be geting told for sure but im afraid we will never get the atmosphere back untill we get standing back to many boring farts with season tickets most of the proper lads can not afford it anymore in these times

fuck... i come back from the game buy this on ebay and come on here and see this thread... gutted.

Bill+OneManBand.jpg

She Bang's The Drum

A drum is being talked about for use with The Citizens Movement.
This group's main aim is to try and implement European style atmosphere like we've seen at The Etihad with the likes of Aris, Poznan, and more recently Borussia Dortmund.

Most of the teams will use a Drum(s) but this drum is usually more rhythmic and used with the sole intention of keeping a song going.
Rather than being the main force behind a song, and heard all over the ground (like at Wigan) the drum will work with your voice...

if there's no singing you'll rarely hear the drum.

This drum will not be the main piece of generating noise, like you have heard at the likes of Wigan Athletic/Blackburn/Bolton and with the band at England Games.

We will be trialling the use of the drum at a forthcoming Next-Gen Series game against Juventus at Ewen Fields, Hyde.
Thursday 8th November. Kick off is 7:00pm
please be there 30mins earlier so we can get organised.

The rehearsals will be completely this - rehearsals.

Mistakes will be made, but this is how we can progress and start to improve atmosphere.
We won't be in The Etihad, but this is the solution:

If you want to sing & be colourful come along to this and we can then group all the singers together and create a wall of sound and colour...Just like many other European clubs do.

if you are not for this, don't turn up. Simples.

Juan King said:

I don't think a lot of you are understanding the ins and outs of what's going on.

It's not going to be a fucking band like England have! That would be atrocious.

It's just a drum and the reason the drum doesn't create an atmosphere at Blackburn is because they don't have a decent amount of people to sing over it. The lad at Blackburn just bangs the shit out of it for 90 minutes.

I don't know how many times I have to say this, but no one would ever notice the drum was there!

It's there to continue songs and keep the rhythm, if we sing over the top, you won't hear it simple as that.

Did you notice or moan about Dortmund's drum on Wednesday? No. No one did.

And if it's not hard to get songs going without some help, why are we struggling so much?

bluearmy77 said:
Juan King said:

spot on mate them cnuts playing shit at england games puts me off watchin them if some twat with a drum turns up at city and makes it a habbit he will be geting told for sure but im afraid we will never get the atmosphere back untill we get standing back to many boring farts with season tickets most of the proper lads can not afford it anymore in these times
Standing will never come back so deal with it. And is it the drum of the England supporters that puts you off watching England, or the drab football and the constant disapointment thats puts you off ? I always thought that the drum at wigan etc was a bit crap, but the Dortmund drum was excellent in my opinion. This attitude of "we are city we dont need a drum" belongs in the dark ages. Things, attitudes,styles and opinions change over time, and if a drum would improve the shite atmosphere at home even by 1% then Iam all for it. Lets give it at season, see how it goes, and if it doesnt work, move on.
Top thread Did, you fat twat.:)

Re: She Bang's The Drum

I feel that the atmosphere at matches in England has become sanitised because of all the reglations put in place since the Taylor report. Compare our chanting / singing to that of Aris, Poznan and even Dortmund on Wednesday.

And so I am in favour of anything that helps to improve the atmosphere at the Etihad. Admittedly, since the arrival of the Poznan, things have certainly got better at our home matches, but there is still a long way to go to get anywhere near what we see on the continent week in, week out.

So get the drum going and let's see what else we can do to make our matches more fun to attend.

I don't know how many times I have to say this, but no one would ever notice the drum was there!

Why take one then?

And if it's not hard to get songs going without some help, why are we struggling so much?[/quote]

Many reasons, mainly people are spread out round the ground and not in one main area. No proper standing area maybe? Away games are easier to get songs going as eveyone is in the same end. It doesn't take a drum to get the songs going at away games either does it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.