Don't Bang the Drum.

Whitefield Blue said:
Sam. said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Absolutely pissed myself laughing at those 'this is a movement' type comments.

You're a little gaggle of teenage dweebs on an Internet forum. The atmosphere at city has got nothing to do with you. Drop this now because you're making fools of yourselves.

I knew it would get a lot of stick, but I didn't realise people felt so strongly about keeping our shit atmosphere. It's not just you Dave but if people are happy with what we've got now then that's fine but let's not try and put people off who are only trying to improve it.

I don't see what the problem is in people wanting to create a decent atmosphere. Stay out of it if you arn't interested and let the people who are up for it get on with it.

And I arn't a teenage dweeb.

The atmosphere will be improved by people SINGING. You're making the shocking error with confusing noise with atmosphere.

People singing City songs = atmosphere.
People banging a drum = noise.

I don't care what Dortmund/Aris/Poznan do . They're from a different football culture. If you want a 'better' atmosphere then SING MORE.

You obviously arn't getting it.

The point of the drum ISN'T to create noise. It WON'T be noticeable.

It's only there to extend songs for a longer time period so that others around get the chance to join in.

It won't be noticeable because people will be singing over the top.

Did you think Dortmund's drum was just NOISE? No, you never. Everyone one was saying how good they were.

Fans sing over the top = You won't notice the drum. Simple as that!

The drum will also spur people onto sing, because what ever we do now, people arn't singing. As much as people like think the tmosphere is fine nowadays, it's not. It's shite and because people are trying to help do something about it, people are putting them down.

Blue Mist said:
If you dont notice a drum what's the point in it ?

I said you wouldn't notice it. Not that you wouldn't hear it. If you take the Dortmund one is was a faint noise, because people were singing over it.

Noticing and hearing are a completley different thing.

I think some people are more arsed about the atmosphere than the result on the pitch. No league defeats since 2010 suggests the atmosphere is helping the players sufficiently. Just go and enjoy the match and leave the drum at home

stonerblue said:
paulchapo said:
It could start at WBA away.

''Oh i do like to be beside the seaside,

Oh i do like to be besides the sea,

Oh i do like to stroll along the prom,prom,prom,

Where the brass bands play...F**** OFF WEST BROM!!!''

top tune

LOL, got weird look of a couple the other season when I sang that song to my 19 yr old god son .

No. to drums , All about the vocal support/encouragement !

paulchapo said:
It could start at WBA away.

''Oh i do like to be beside the seaside,

Oh i do like to be besides the sea,

Oh i do like to stroll along the prom,prom,prom,

Where the brass bands play...F**** OFF WEST BROM!!!''

Sang when the Kippax was a real terrace.

Bring back terracing.

Blue Mist said:
If you dont notice a drum what's the point in it ?

for rythym with songs and to help extend songs out -rather than what you have now- ten seconds of "were not really here" then it stops.

People dont seem to understand we arent talking england band/wigan we are talking what the dortmund fans did.

Does anybody on here remember a cold winter evening back in the dark days when we played (and lost to) Port Vale....there was a band up in the section between the North and Main stands..in fancy dress made a right racket for most of the game and the only time it motivated the crowd to make a noise was when they stopped..drums,bongos,trumpets the lot.

Losing to Port Vale probably didn't do a lot to endear them to the 'band/drum' idea in retrospect.

Absolutely nothing will change until groups of like minded people can choose to stand near each other.

What you have now are loads of people mingled up together.

Some want to sit quiet. Some don't.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.