Dont dare get sick in the next few weeks!

Balti said:
Lancet Fluke said:
It's pretty much like that at my local hospital at any given time and has been for a few years. Not sure why it is suddenly considered news.

sad but true

nothing new to see here, move along please......

Because the BBC have too little to report.

BlueBearBoots said:
blueinsa said:
Biggest issue is folk sat waiting to be seen who are not emergency cases.

Accident and Emergency......the clue is in the fucking name, not ive a bad cold or a headache or a hangover or a splinter in my finger.

Seen at first hand over the last few days at Fairfield where my old man is seriously ill and it does my fucking head in as well as the staff who do a magnificent job.

Triage is the answer at the door and would pay for itself with a doctor turning the idiots away there and then.

In my local hospital - Wythenshawe (its massive) the A&E has a triage system. You book in at the desk then the Triage nurse calls you and decides on priority unfortunately she isnt allowed to send you home just how urgent your case is. On a visit last year I had to take my grandson (2 yrs) who had a nasty gaping cut just below his eyebrow that clearly needed stitches. Saw the triage nurse then sat down again then we were called by the paediatric triage nurse into another waiting area, saw her and sat and waited. Then saw a nurse who said it needed stitches (strips) but the Doctor would have to see it, waited a bit longer. We then saw the Doctor who agreed with the nurse that it needed strips. Nurses carried out procedure. We were in there 3 hours. The very first nurse we saw could have stuck a few strips on and sent us home.

IMO this is one of the reasons that the system is totally clogged up - you have to see too may medics because they are all scared to death of being sued for a wrong decision, we saw 5 medics in one visit for a small injury

Like I say, doctor at the door does a quick assessment and fucks off anyone who really doesn't need to be there.

As for the rest of your post, I agree. Spent all day on Saturday trying to get a junior doctor treating my dad to listen yet it took all of 30 seconds for the consultant to listen and say yes. The junior doctor basically spent the entire day on paperwork whilst my dad lay in agony, unable to speak.

Too many people going for the wrong reasons. There are enough doctors and nurses for the genuine A&E cases, but they are weighed down by drunks, people with headaches, toothache, sore throats and people with shampoo in their eye (I kid you not). There are people going to A&E for the morning after pill!

The poster above is right. It needs a medical professional on the reception area to tell individuals to go to their WIC, their doctor, or even a pharmacy.

Don't get me started on the fuckers who phone ambulances for toothache!

malg said:
Too many people going for the wrong reasons. There are enough doctors and nurses for the genuine A&E cases, but they are weighed down by drunks, people with headaches, toothache, sore throats and people with shampoo in their eye (I kid you not). There are people going to A&E for the morning after pill!

The poster above is right. It needs a medical professional on the reception area to tell individuals to go to their WIC, their doctor, or even a pharmacy.

Send them a bill, simple with court action for non payment.

blueinsa said:
malg said:

Send them a bill, simple with court action for non payment.
I would, but no party would dare even suggest it.

urmston said:
Between them the hopelessly bureaucratic NHS and the state couldn't organise a p*ss up in a brewery.

Over the last 15 years or so the cost of the NHS has more than doubled and we have not seen a good return for our money.

All that's happened is that doctors pay has rocketed, other NHS staff have seen their pay rise by inflation busting amounts, and the bureaucracy has got even worse.

In efficiency terms the NHS is just like a giant version of British Leyland.

This is pretty much my view too.

The problem is they try to run the NHS as a business and it isn't, it's a service and should be run as such.

It's not just how the NHS is ran, is people turning up to A&E who don't need to be there. Their attitude is if they can't get an appointment on the same day they go to A&E to get see to sooner.

foxy said:
It's not just how the NHS is ran, is people turning up to A&E who don't need to be there. Their attitude is if they can't get an appointment on the same day they go to A&E to get see to sooner.
Absolutely bang on the money. Free pain medication as well.

malg said:
foxy said:
It's not just how the NHS is ran, is people turning up to A&E who don't need to be there. Their attitude is if they can't get an appointment with their GP on the same day they go to A&E to get treated to sooner.
Absolutely bang on the money. Free pain medication as well.

foxy said:

Too true. As others have pointed out, charging for ambulances and triage on the door would put paid to a lot of it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.