Don't let the media talk us into a 'crisis'

davealvers said:
The main priority this year is to win the league as far as I am concerned.

We are still 3 points clear at the top of the Prem. Our next game is Wigan and I still fancy us to win that. Wigan are not a 'park the bus' team - they simply can't do that. We go there with every chance of winning as far as I'm concerned. Then we play Spurs. Silva and Balo/Dzeko should hopefully be fit by then and let's hope Savic has settled in a bit at the back. VK and YT are big misses but they'll be missing Ade too so we should still be positive going into that.

My point is that although we've lost the last 2 games, it is only really last night that was truly dire and I still think we've got plenty to be happy about. Believe me, Fergie and Twitcher would much prefer to be in our position than theirs!

VK will miss two league games and so thankfully the CC semi has absorbed half the damage.

Last night was weird for us all, fans and Bobby included. I think RM has really been hurt by what has happened with VK and it shows. The atmosphere was flat in the stands too, nobody felt up for it at all and that showed. However, I certainly don't consider us to be in 'crisis' by any stretch of the imagination. This time last week we were pleased with a commanding performance against Liverpool and last Sunday can be written off thanks to Chris Foy.

Just remember what we are after this season and let's be grateful these defeats have been in the cup!! It certainly isn't our season falling apart because as far as I'm concerned our season is all about one thing - the league!

Think you`ll find theres plenty of people on here who can tell us "there is a crisis".

Ding Dong said:
mancinimadness said:
If 4 defeats in 8 games isn't a crisis I don't know what is.

CRISIS !! Get a grip , where were you when we WERE shit?

Still here sadly :( At least when we were really shit it didn't feel as bad losing at places like sunderland as it does now .

ono said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
3 losses and a draw in 5 games, no goals in 3 of them, out of one cup and probably another!

Teams are starting to suss out how to play against us.

We are not in crisis territory yet but we must now win at Wigan. Anything less would not be acceptable.

Mancini needs to stop whinging and remind us why he is a top class manager because at the moment we are struggling.
Although you could argue.....

Hit the bar against West Brom, and had a goal ruled out....

Hit the bar twice against Sunderland, and they're goal was offside

Beat Liverpool 3-0

Lost Kompany after 12 minutes of a derby. Only lost by one goal, and had them clinging on for dear life at the end.

Lost to a penalty last night, with half of our team missing.

We've had a run of bad luck which has coinceided with us losing our most important players.

Agree with ono to a large extent. The media are definitely starting to paint this picture which is unjustified in my opinion. Much in the same way that Spurs have all of a sudden entered the title race - they have always been in it assuming they were going to win their game in hand. Assuming they won that game they have been hovering around 4 points behind most of the season.

mancinimadness said:
Ding Dong said:
mancinimadness said:
If 4 defeats in 8 games isn't a crisis I don't know what is.

CRISIS !! Get a grip , where were you when we WERE shit?

Still here sadly :( At least when we were really shit it didn't feel as bad losing at places like sunderland as it does now .

We are the best team in the PL. Utd/Liverpool/Chelsea/Spurs/The media all know this. The mind games have started. Lets keep our own council.

we are not in a crisis, we are just in a horrible run of blatantly wrong decisions going against us. i may be paranoid, but this last month or so, we have really been screwed over.

sometimes i wish a was a basketball fan, where one wrong decision may cost some points but not the entire game. referees have too much power in football, and for some reason fa and uefa like it that way. i actually cant think of any other sport where referees have so much power over the result in every game...

point being, we may not be playing our best football of the season right now, but if it wasnt for bad referees, we would have gotten a result in practically all those games anyway. we havent been outplayed in any of the matches we dropped points in.

I didn't even think last night was "truly dire", that is a description I might have used to describe Liverpool's second half, we weren't great first half, and there are three players in last nights team who are not good enough for where we are wanting to be. Its clear we need another centre half, and another striker. I'm also not worried about the second leg, we can beat them comfortably if we play well, and their celebrations at the end might yet look quite amusing, only a fool celebrates at half time.

City have had many crises, and I don't think we need worry that this is one just yet.

Put yourselves in a journalists shoes, they will do what ever they can to de-rail City's titles hopes in favour of Tottenham.

Tottenham winning the league will stem so many stories off it and therefore make more money for the papers!!

- Mancini for the sack
- City to spend more money
- Embarrasing City
- City players want out

etc etc..

Me must get behind the team now and grin and bear this period of having Kompany, Yaya and Silva out. I am confindent that when we have our FULL team back we will get back to form, killing teams off!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.